Motion Graphics Designer (Contract - Multiple positions available)
- Job posted by Disability Rights Washington
Details: $30/hour DOE
315 Fifth Ave South, Suite 850
Rooted in Rights is a project of Disability Rights Washington (DRW), a private non-profit organization that protects the rights of people with disabilities statewide. Our mission is to advance the dignity, equality, and self-determination of people with disabilities. We work to pursue justice on matters related to human and legal rights. More about DRW at https://www.disabilityrightswa.org/
People with disabilities, people of color, and formerly incarcerated people are encouraged to apply. Rooted in Rights looks forward to reviewing all candidates who are interested in this position, including applicants who may have concerns about how accepting this job could affect their eligibility for Medicaid or other programs. Eligibility requirements vary state to state, and with every individual's situation. If offered this position, Rooted in Rights will work with the applicant, connect them to resources or facilitate communication with advocacy groups local to them, to help find a solution that accommodates this need.
Rooted in Rights seeks Motion Graphics Designers (MGD) to help bring to life short, social media focused videos for our Creative Services projects. These positions will collaborate with the Rooted in Rights Creative Services Director, our clients and partners and members of the Rooted in Rights team.
The issues we work on deserve the best stories we can tell. We’re looking for someone who lives and breathes storytelling, loves the concept and design process, and shares our commitment to media that is universally accessible.
This is a contract position beginning October 2018. The Motion Graphics Designer can work from anywhere in the United States (see requirements below.) Projects typically last from 4-6 weeks. The Motion Graphics Designer will be required to meet project deadlines and meetings, but will not have specific work hours.
- Proven experience designing completed 2D motion graphics projects.
- Knowledge of or first hand experience specifically with disability rights issues is a plus, but applicants absolutely must have a passion for human rights broadly.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in current Adobe CC apps: After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop at a minimum. Proficiency with other apps a plus.
- Excellent problem solving skills. Be able to take feedback from organization stakeholders and implement changes according to direction.
- Able to work remotely, with access to fast, reliable internet, anywhere in the United States.
- Adobe Creative Cloud account and computer able to reliably run the newest Adobe software versions.
- Design motion graphics.
- Implement changes based on notes.
- Basic illustration if necessary.
- Basic video editing if necessary.
- Participate in pre-production and production discussions.
- Meet production deadline.
- Collaborate with creative team.
- Ensure maximum accessibility in all products.
Rate is $30/hour depending on experience.
You can view our previous work at https://www.youtube.com/user/RootedInRightsVideo/videos
This job description provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required. It does not represent a contract of employment. Rooted in Rights reserves the right to change the description and/or posting at any time without advance notice.
Rooted in Rights is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Rooted in Rights encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status. Rooted in Rights undertakes affirmative action strategies in its recruitment and employment efforts to assure that persons with disabilities have full opportunities for employment in all positions.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter and a link to three recent videos that showcases your motion graphics works. This can be entire standalone videos, or motion graphics segments of videos. Reels are optional. Reasonable accommodations for any portion of the application or interview process are available at request.
Multiple positions are available. Applications are due by Oct 1, 2018 and we will accept applications after that date only if positions are still available.