About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. Last Mile Health is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
General Position Summary
The Major Gifts Officer will manage LMH’s portfolio of individual donors and major giving relationships. They will be responsible for ensuring annual revenue targets of approximately US $1.5 million. This position will act as the Primary Relationship Manager (PRM) for all individual donors, making annual investments up to a threshold of $500,000.
This individual is extremely comfortable engaging potential partners and can confidently articulate LMH’s value proposition and areas of alignment with them. The Major Gifts Officer will have strong internal and external relationship management, process development, and organizational skills that will support them in helping to deliver LMH’s development goals.
This position will be responsible for developing and implementing systems that ensure highly tailored cultivation and stewardship strategies for each donor relationship.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage Last Mile Health’s portfolio of individual donors. This includes setting and implementing individualized cultivation and stewardship strategies for each current and prospective partner, developed in collaboration with Primary Relationship Owners (PROs), as well as actively engaging with external partners on behalf of Last Mile Health. The Officer will design and implement portfolio management systems and relationship management tools to ensure that front line fund development is efficient and there is documentation to aid in ensuring annual revenue targets are achieved. They will directly be responsible as the Primary Relationship Manager (PRM) for individual, philanthropic partners, and will coordinate with the PRM of institutional partnerships to implement effective and efficient relationship management.
- Diligently use and support donor relationship management tools, such as Salesforce.
- Undertake ongoing, active prospecting for new donors, including the development of prospecting materials and briefing books in support of PROs.
- Plan, develop and manage engagement events and activities to recognize and motivate current and prospective donors. Current annual events include Skoll World Forum, UNGA week, World Economic Forum, TED, World Health Assembly and Aspen Ideas Festival – Spotlight Health.
- Work closely with other members of the Partnerships & Development team to ensure delivery of high-quality, accurate, and timely grant proposals and reports and other donor communication materials, such as quarterly updates.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years of experience, including at least 2-3 years of relevant experience in a relationship management role
- Proven track record of sucessful relationship management, effective process development, and organization skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to develop clear and convincing presentation materials
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship-building qualities
- Ability to work independently with limited structural support
- Successful and proven negotiation, communication and organization skills.
- Generosity of spirit, sensitivity/diplomacy, and willingness to make sacrifices in service of the mission
- Commitment to health and social justice
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks at one time in time-sensitive manner
- Comfort working with a casual but high-performing team
- High degree of English fluency required
Minimum Education Required