Details: Salary is based on experience
103 Broad Street
Urban Services YMCA is the social services branch of the YMCA of San Francisco. Our mission is to provide holistic and comprehensive programs that support health and wellness in youth, families and communities. Urban Services YMCA's programs recognize and re-affirm client strengths, encourage meaningful and collaborative participation in program creation and delivery and recognize clients and communities as the best resources for overcoming challenges and identifying solutions.
We are currently hiring for a full-time (40 hours a week) Bilingual Engagement Specialist to provide conduct outreach and engage to adults and providers. Strong applicants will possess a variety of skills to include effective written and oral communication, experience with case management, strong outreach skills, development of strength-based service plans, knowledge of a of available resources, the ability to navigate a variety of support service systems as well as sound judgment to act independently and efficiently.
· Ability to enroll clients and provide light case management and crisis intervention support around housing stability, employment support, financial education, and education
· Provides enhanced information and referrals, and linkages, to clients that focus on economic empowerment
· Provide information sessions and workshops to providers
· Conducts comprehensive assessments and implements service plans, utilizing various intervention methods and techniques
· Conducts weekly outreach to the community
· Participates in meetings and trainings, as assigned
· Coordinates and assists at community events
· Completes client chart forms in accordance with grant requirements
· Facilitates workshops, groups, and classes relevant to client’s needs
· Coordinates and assists in community events
· Supports with annual community focus groups and needs assessments
· Data entry using Grant Management System
· Other duties as assigned
Candidates will possess:
1. A minimum of 1-year experience providing case management services to adults/seniors/families
2. Ability to complete thorough, accurate and comprehensive paperwork, client documentation and reports in a timely and efficient manner
3. Experience assessing clients' strengths and service needs for relevant and timely services congruent with client's capacity
4. Experience conducting formal intakes and needs assessments, preparing client service plans and providing post-service evaluations
5. Familiarity with resources and support services and systems within San Francisco
6. Excellent organizational and communication skills with demonstrated follow through on tasks; multi-project/multi-task orientation
7. Facilitates or coordinates workshops and community events
8. Experience complying with confidentiality policies and procedures and mandated reporting laws
9. Conflict resolution and problem solving skills
10. Must be able to work 8:30 am - 5 pm or 10:30 am - 7 pm Monday-Friday, with at least 2 late days per week. Some weekends as needed
11. Demonstrated ability to work with people from a variety of different ethnic, socioeconomic, educational, religious, sexual and generational backgrounds
12. Strong written and verbal communication skills
13. Comfort with traveling in San Francisco
14. Fluency in Spanish/English, required
The YMCA of San Francisco offers an outstanding retirement plan and gym membership. Compensation is competitive. This is a full-time temporary position, with the possibility of becoming permanent.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual required: English and Spanish - Written & Oral
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please reply to this posting and submit a cover letter, resume and references to: Maureen Guerrero at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to the high volume of responses, we will not respond to applications that do not include a cover letter and resume, or do not indicate having met entry requirements.