Concordia is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, member-based organization dedicated to actively fostering, elevating and sustaining cross-sector partnerships for social impact. As the preeminent nonpartisan forum and the biggest event that is taking place alongside the United Nations General Assembly, the Concordia Annual Summit in New York convenes top influencers and decision-makers through action-oriented programming. With a focus on the Americas, Europe, and Africa, Concordia’s Regional Summits explore the role of regional affairs in international relations. By providing an international platform, these summits elevate unique cross-sector perspectives and identify the support of the international community.
The Communications Department is responsible for strategizing, shaping, and implementing all aspects of communications. Establishing Concordia’s “voice,” the Communications Department produces all external-facing materials—including the website, reports, marketing materials, and email campaigns—as well as overseeing branding and design, press and media, and social media.
- Communications & Marketing Strategy
- Works with senior leadership to develop and implement communications strategies that elevate and promote Concordia’s work around the globe.
- Develops and coordinates email and social media campaigns surrounding Concordia events, partnerships, and initiatives.
- Tracks Concordia’s digital presence and online performance.
- Assists in maintenance of press media list/relationships.
- Content Creation & Branding
- Maintains, protects, and develops a vision for the Concordia brand.
- Designs marketing materials such as pitch decks, informational brochures, agendas, reports, and other external materials.
- Creates graphics and videos for social media, the Concordia website, Concordia events, and various other needs on a regular basis.
- Website & Technology
- Manages all aspects of the Concordia website including events, profiles, and blog posts.
- Develops a strategy for future website updates and redesigns.
- Manages website hosting relationships, domain organization and acquisition, and other key website management functions.
- Event Coordination & Production
- Assists with the direction of event design, look, and feel.
- Ensures the Concordia brand is displayed appropriately and in a way that is optimized for press photos and videos.
- Coordinates photographers and develops a shot list.
- Tracks projects and objectives to ensure deadlines are met.
- Maintains open communication with senior leadership.
- Manages a small team to ensure that day-to-day operations are efficient and stress-free.
- Participates in organizational and event planning processes.
- 3-4 years of relevant work experience in communications, digital marketing, social media strategy, and content creation.
- Demonstrated successes in developing social media campaigns that integrate into overall outreach and engagement programs. Knowledge of social media scheduling and monitoring tools such as Sprout Social.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills. Ability to write for diverse audiences.
- Advanced knowledge of a website CMS such as WordPress.
- An ability to work on a flexible schedule, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and manage up, down, and across all levels of the organization.
- Great interpersonal skills with a sense of humor.
- Knowledge of tools such as Civi CRM and Salesforce preferred.
- Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Premiere skills, preferred.
Concordia Summit is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.