Details: Salary commensurate with experience
At St. James' our educational program is a unique and magical experience for the fortunate children selected to join us. Set in the heart of one of the liveliest cities in the world, St. James' reflects the rich ethnic diversity that marks L.A. as a true multicultural metropolis. Like all Episcopal schools, we value the stimulating, rigorous, and developmentally appropriate education that leads to the highest levels of literacy and learning. But we also treasure those qualities of heart and mind that constitute nobility of character. Each day of a child's time with us, from preschool through 6th grade, we intentionally cultivate kindness and truth-telling; caring and respect; hard work and courage; service to others and responsible stewardship of the earth's resources.
The Administrative Team is an important constituent group within the school community and handles parental concerns, the coordination of committees and other meetings and maintaining effective operations to include enrollment management, fundraising efforts, business management, academic support and many other administrative responsibilities. We are currently looking for a Front Office Receptionist/Administrative Assistant, available now. See below for more information on the position.<blockquote>Responsibilities:</blockquote>
- Answer phones, greet and direct visitors, take and relay messages; provide routine information to students, parents or guardians.
- Perform a variety of clerical activities, including preparing routine correspondence, sorting and filing of records, documents, mail and other material.
- Assist with attendance, absence and tardy tracking; enter information into a proprietary student information system; generate lists, rosters and reports as needed.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of school calendar and events
- Operate a variety of contemporary office equipment
- Organize and maintain office common areas
- Assistance with event coordination as needed
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required and at least three years of experience
- Excellent telephone and email etiquette
- Warm and welcoming demeanor with strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and bring calm to any chaotic situation
- Professional writing skills with the ability to proofread accurately and efficiently
- Self-motivation to anticipate needs and learn quickly
- Proficiency in MS Office, Google Suite, Mac Operating System
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.