Third Root Community Health Center prioritizes support from Black, Indigenous, People of Color, Trans, formerly incarcerated, disabled, and long term Flatbush residents.
Do you have a demonstrated commitment to social justice, health equity, accessible holistic health care and healing justice? Are you a long term resident of Central Brooklyn? Does supporting a seasoned and growing team of BIPOC holistic health providers inspire you? Then we strongly encourage you to apply!
- Must be willing to work onsite two days a week. For this reason current residents of Flatbush, Ditmas Park, and Central Brooklyn are a strong fit.
- Must be willing to follow all COVID precautions and procedures, including regular COVID testing, health screening, and preventative measures limiting exposure.
- Must be able to climb one flight of stairs. Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- 1-2 years experience with health justice and holistic heath are ideal, 1 - 2 years previous administration experience are required.
- Cordial and welcoming customer service skills are a must.
- Ideal candidates will be able to multitask and track several clients needs, while being responsive to any emergent tasks of the day.
- Strong computer skills required. Our booking and customer support process require daily use of:
- Google Suite - including google drive, calendar, sheets, and voice/text.
- Booking platforms MindBody and FitGrid
- Workshop and appointment platforms Zoom & Doxy.ME
- MS Word / Excel, and all microsoft programs
- Social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Training provided on our booking process upon hire.
- Must be comfortable upholding and representing TR values, policies and procedures, including a deep rooted belief in social justice and racial equity, upholding a safe and equitable workplace, and a commitment to be in dialogue to deepen our practice of healing justice.
Online Administrative, Customer Service and Tech Support
- Maintain quick communication with both staff and clients for appointments, classes, workshops, inquiries, and follow-ups via email, telephone or online correspondence, including sending a daily summary to update practitioners and the admin team.
- Performance of administrative duties including answering emails and phone calls, booking appointments, registering classes, data entry.
- Daily Service Appointment reminders and confirmations via Mind Body, Gmail and Google Voice.
- Use FitGrid, MindBody and Zoom to schedule classes and workshops.
- Sending marketing updates on Instagram and Facebook, as scheduled.
- Prepare for and attend once a month All Staff Meeting, and once a month Admin Training meeting
In Person Community Health Center Support
- In person staff are required to be COVID tested every two weeks, and to send in documentation of Negative COVID tests.
- In person support includes light cleaning of Third Root Community Health Center, refilling and refreshing practitioner supplies, and dropping and picking up materials.
- Community Care Days Support includes setting up Third Root’s outreach tent, setting up supplies for practitioners, offering free mini services for the community, accepting donations, answering questions, and supporting booking services.
- Some in person days may include processing and bottling herbal products.
Commitment & compensation
- This role is 16 hours a week. We ask for a commitment of at least 12 months.
- Compensation is $18 / hr + wellness benefits, including yoga and workshop participation
Schedule includes two virtual and two onsite days:
- Virtual Front Desk Schedule: 2 days, 3-hour shift, before 3PM
- Onsite Schedule can include Sun 10am - 2pm, Tues 9am - 3pm, Thurs 4pm - 8pm, Sat 2pm - 8pm
Third Root is the oldest Cooperatively Owned Holistic Health Center in NYC, and workers with strong alignment with our vision may be offered pathways to co-ownership. To apply, please email your cover letter, resumé, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Part-Time Center Administrator” by March 15, 2021.
We prioritize those who are formerly incarcerated, Trans, immigrant, BIPOC, and local and long term community members. We are committed to an equitable workplace, and to holistically supporting our staff in their own health and wellbeing journeys.