ABOUT THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM: YouthCare’s Development Team is responsible for fundraising, community engagement, external communications, public policy work, volunteer, and in-kind donation management, and much more, in service to our mission.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Events & Stewardship Manager is responsible for leading YouthCare’s Annual Luncheon, building and growing third party-event and peer-to-peer fundraising strategies, and partnering with Development team leaders to identify new event opportunities to support revenue growth and key projects like YouthCare’s community campaign.
- Provide overall project management and leadership for all YouthCare fundraising-focused events. Oversee planning and coordination of YouthCare’s community and donor-facing events, including agency events not currently on the annual Development calendar.
- In partnership with the Development and Leadership teams, lead project management of annual luncheon event related to all external aspects of the event and guest relations/experience. Leverage key members of the team for support and task execution including event logistics and timeline management, sponsorship solicitation and tracking, table captain recruitment and support, Challenge Pool donor solicitation and tracking, guest registration and follow-up, key vendor relationships, guest relations and RSVPs, use of technology tools, support for event volunteer management, and event collateral development.
- Identify, recruit, and steward existing and new table captains and sponsors for luncheon. Serve as primary point of contact for all guests, sponsors, and community partners. Support Board of Directors and YouthCare leadership team with event guest recruitment and sponsor solicitation.
- Build on existing and significant infrastructure for annual fundraising luncheon event to meet current goals, grow revenue, and steward table captains and guests. Lead evaluation and recommend ongoing shifts and changes to build on momentum of event that has grown from 600 guests to 1,200+ guests in less than a decade.
- Lead and work collaboratively with community engagement team surrounding third party events, supporting hosts and respond to opportunities to engage in third party gatherings.
- Encourage and coach peer to peer fundraisers, stewarding the relationships with event hosts, as well as retaining and growing their involvement with YouthCare.
- Build, execute, evaluate, and maintain a strategic third-party event program, supporting hosts, and responding to opportunities to engage in third party gatherings, including virtual event and peer-to-peer fundraising platforms as appropriate
- Implement best practices in peer-to-peer fundraising as it relates to events, increasing participation and event revenue growth annually.
- Collaborate with Community Campaign Project Director, Chief Advancement Officer, and campaign consultants to ideate, select, map, and execute on any campaign-specific fundraising events.
- Support Campaign committee regarding fundraising events, supplies and execution including registration needs, data supports, technology and speaker support, and follow-up with guests.
- Create and manage budgets for all YouthCare fundraising events in partnership with Development Manager.
- Partner with Development Manager and Donor Database Assistant to create appropriate pledge and gift tracking systems for all special events. Ensure timely and appropriate follow up for all event pledges.
- Build and maintain working knowledge of youth homelessness, Seattle homelessness trends and YouthCare’s programs and remain consistently updated on changing and nuanced donor messaging to be able to answer a myriad of questions or redirect to appropriate staff. Serve as an ambassador and momentum creator for YouthCare’s mission in a variety of environments.
- Use donor database to consistently track event participation and interest and note relationships and communications with current donors and donor prospects.