125 Maiden Lane
Hazon works to create healthier and more sustainable communities in the Jewish world and beyond. We are the largest dedicated organization focused on Jewish Outdoor, Food, Farming and Environmental Education (“JOFEE”) in the American Jewish community. We are seeking to shift the nature of what it means to be Jewish in the 21st century – enabling and encouraging Jewish people to have an impact in the world and transforming Jewish life in the process. Hazon is seeking a Development Associate to help us achieve these important goals.
The Development Associate will have a number of important responsibilities:
● Support individual donor relations by researching prospective new donors and creating profiles, maintaining up-to-date Saleforce records, and developing relationships at key events;
● Manage our systems for maintaining and building foundation relationships;
● Coordinate donor solicitations with our Marketing & Communications department;
● Support the CEO and Board of Directors to ensure proper communication systems are in place and to support board meetings;
● Support Hazon’s fiscal sponsees program including financial reporting and administrative work;
● Contribute to the mission and vision of Hazon.
We are based in New York City and the Isabella Freedman Jewish Retreat Center in Falls Village, CT. We also have staff in Denver, Boulder, and Detroit. The position is based in the New York City office and will include regular communication and coordination with staff based in all of our locations. The Development Associate will report to the Development Manager and work across departments and with the CEO. We seek someone with strong organizational and people skills, someone who is highly detail-oriented, understands or wishes to learn about Jewish nonprofit leadership, and a high comfort level with customer relationship management.
● Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 1-2 years of experience working with fundraising and/or in a nonprofit environment.
● A high-level of confidence conducting work with various platforms including: gmail, Google sheets, docs and slide; video conferencing using Skype, Google, and Zoom; conference call set-up; Salesforce; Doodle; SurveyMonkey; and Wordpress.
● Demonstrated ability to work in a team as well as take initiative, and manage up
● A high-degree of organization skills, extremely detail-oriented and able to keep multiple pieces moving forward
● Flexible work-style with ability to manage several responsibilities and competing priorities at one time
● Tact, diplomacy, discretion, and professionalism. Responsibilities involve exposure to sensitive information and require confidentiality.
● A can-do attitude, sense of humor, and grace under pressure.
● Commitment to donor and participant support; strong and polite communication skills with Hazon stakeholders.
Competitive benefits package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email a resume and a thoughtful, but brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Development Associate”.
Salary will be $40-$46K, depending upon experience, including a competitive benefits package.
Hazon is strongly committed to equal employment opportunities for all individuals. Hazon will make all employment decisions for staff and applicants without unlawful discrimination as to race, creed, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, alienage, citizenship or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, compensation, training and development, benefits, promotion, demotion transfer, discipline or termination. All Hazon staff, regardless of position, are expected to maintain and live up to the true meaning of nondiscrimination.