555 N. Duke Street
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you include in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click on the following link: www.lghealthjobs.org
The Grants Writer is responsible for overall preparation, research support, and writing proposals and grant applications to assist in advancing Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine’s strategic plan, priorities and other opportunities as identified. This role will be responsible for researching, identifying, developing and responding to public and private grant opportunities; writing grant proposals and working with grant writing teams.
- Develops and maintains a grant surveillance system to research, evaluate, and identify new public, private, and collaborative grant funding opportunities to advance the Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine strategic plan objectives and other related priorities.
- Conducts literature reviews that align with and support successful proposal applications.
- Manages a follow-up and reporting system to sustain, evaluate and expand existing public and private funding grant awards.
- Writes and/or leads development of grant applications with Operations/Grant Writing teams that ensure compliance with applicable contractual and regulatory requirements; and that produce timely submission of well-researched, well-written and well-documented proposal submissions.
- Develops and cultivates activities and professional relationships with public and private funders. Serves as internal and external liaison with external public and private funders and LG Health/Penn Medicine teams.
- Assists in developing an accountability and reporting system to produce periodic and final reports as required by funding sources, and to meet auditing, contract management, and IRS reporting requirements.
- Identifies and supports the development of Principle Investigators within the LG Health/Penn Medicine system.
- Maintains a high level of operational expertise in current grant regulations, policies, and procedures related to federal, state, local, and private grants.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Three to five years of related experience in public and private grant-writing and contract administration.
- Qualified candidates should possess excellent writing and computer skills (Microsoft Office Word, Access, Powerpoint and Excel), and database management skills.
- The candidate must be highly organized with the ability to implement systems and follow-up processes, able to effectively work under pressure, use independent judgment and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints.
- Previous experience will demonstrate a proven track record in securing new funding opportunities; comprehensive knowledge of research, and the ability to distinguish and identify funding opportunities for special programs.
- Exceptional research, writing and editing skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as federal and state grant announcements and clinical articles; ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- High degree of creativity, innovation, diplomacy, decision making, and sensitivity to confidential information.
- Well-developed communications and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, research, conceptual thinking skills.
- Eight (8) years of grant writing experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Follow this link to apply: https://lghealth.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/LGHealth_Career/job/Lancaster-General-Hospital/Grant-Writer_REQ-0007541