475 Riverside Drive
POSITION: Staff Attorney – Circuit Rider
REPORTS TO: Director of LSSNY’s Immigration Legal Program
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Staff Attorney will travel to partner sites in Queens and Brooklyn to oversee and provide legal services, including eligibility screenings, intakes, application preparation, and client representation.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee paralegals who will conduct legal screenings, provide application assistance, document preparation and case management services.
- Provide direct representation on straightforward and complex immigration cases.
- Ensure that other cases that cannot be retained are referred to reliable legal service providers.
- Develop relationships with legal and community-based organizations and utilize LSSNY-ILP’s existing networks to expand access for quality immigration legal advice and social services.
- Develop training materials and training schedule for training partner organization’s staff and implement such training.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISES: Paralegals, interns, and volunteers when available
EDUCATION: Juris Doctor
EXPERIENCE: Three years experience as an attorney in the field of immigration legal services is preferred. Admission to NYS Bar or another state bar preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES: Strong verbal, writing, analytical, and organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines; ability to relate well to diverse groups of individuals and families; work well in team and partnership environment, computer literate.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Proficiency in French is strongly preferred.
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficiency in spoken and written French preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send all resumes and cover letters to the hiring supervisor, Lisa Bagley, with “Staff Attorney” in the subject line.
Director of New Life Center
----LSSNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer----