BAM (Brooklyn Academy of Music) is a multi-disciplinary arts center located in Brooklyn, New York. For more than 150 years, BAM has been the home for adventurous artists, audiences, and ideas—engaging both global and local communities. With world-renowned programming in theater, dance, music, opera, film, and much more, BAM showcases the work of emerging artists and innovative modern masters.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Content Strategy, the Content Marketing Coordinator creates and disseminates content to build awareness of and engagement with BAM's programming and brand. The Coordinator actively seeks out and helps implement new initiatives to grow and diversify BAM’s audience and reach, including leveraging new channels and types of content, while also maintaining and deepening engagement with current followers and attendees. This role supports all of BAM’s programming, including live performance, film, education, community, literary, and visual art, and is responsible for creating and maintaining a comprehensive editorial and distribution calendar. The incumbent helps manage, monitor, and report on engagement with content on BAM’s owned and operated channels including social media, blog, and website.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- With the Associate Director, develop ideas for content-driven campaigns, partnerships with influencers, and other social media and digital content initiatives that bring the BAM brand to life and help the organization reach new audiences
- Work closely with colleagues in Audience Development & Marketing, Creative Services, Communications, Programming, and Archives to develop content and request assets for social media, blog, and other channels
- Maintain editorial calendars for BAM content initiatives and channels, including the BAM blog and social platforms for both BAM and BAM film (currently BAMcinematek)
- Ensure the timely creation and posting of all content
- With the direction and support of the Associate Director of Content Strategy, execute paid campaigns on social media, building audience targeting and monitoring performance, including conducting A/B content tests and other initiatives to increase efficiency and effectiveness of paid social media advertising
- Communicate content initiatives to BAM staff, and solicit input, feedback, and participation
- Create posts and other content that are consistent with BAM brand standards and voice
- Coordinate contests, ticket giveaways, influencer partnerships, social media takeovers, and other initiatives and partnerships, in consultation with Associate Director
- Monitor BAM social media, respond to questions and comments, and communicate audience sentiments and feedback internally, elevating concerns to the Associate Director or colleagues in Customer Service and Communications as relevant
- Compile social media analytics and oversee the creation and dissemination of a weekly internal newsletter on social feedback and results, including KPIs on reach, engagement, and effectiveness
- Coordinate and provide live coverage of BAM events for social platforms, as assigned
- Proven ability to leverage content marketing and social media channels creatively and effectively, including hands-on experience with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube; understanding of emerging channels and content types, such as Snapchat and AR, desirable
- Interest in and knowledge of local cultural scene and ability to introduce BAM to new audiences
- Excellent communication and writing skills, including demonstrated ability to understand the nuances of and embody an engaging and consistent institutional “voice”
- Works well in a fast-paced environment with keen attention to detail
- Some familiarity and experience managing paid social content, including an understanding of targeting possibilities and paid content types
- Willingness to work some evening or weekend hours, as required, for coverage of events
- Digitally fluent: Generates creative ideas that leverage the unique possibilities and dynamics of social media and other digital platforms, including new and emerging possibilities.
- Strong writer and storyteller: Demonstrates a strong understanding of how to tell stories and create content that will engage audiences and fit with the BAM brand.
- Organized but flexible: Able to help create and adhere to set schedules and standards for content creation, dissemination, and reporting. Works efficiently and sets up systems that enable and account for the need to incorporate flexibility in response to last-minute changes.
- Exhibits strong judgment and tact: Knows when to elevate concerns to colleagues, thinks and asks before taking action or publicly sharing information that may cause concern or controversy.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package including pension.
Application Instructions: must complete an online application through BAM's website - no phone calls, emails or walk ins, please.
See what it's like to work at BAM on Twitter/Instagram: #SceneAtBAM
Minimum Education Required