125 Maiden Lane
Hazon works to create healthier and more sustainable communities in the Jewish world and beyond. We’re the largest dedicated environmental organization in the American Jewish community. In aggregate we’re seeking to shift the nature of what it means to be Jewish in the 21st century – enabling and encouraging Jewish people to have an impact in the world and transforming Jewish life in the process. We are based in New York City and the Isabella Freedman Jewish Retreat Center in Falls Village CT. We also have offices in Denver, Boulder, and Detroit.
The Digital Marketing Strategist will manage and utilize digital platforms to help increase revenue and brand awareness for Hazon. The position will be supervised by the Director of Marketing & Communications and may work remotely from New York or Connecticut, but must be able to travel into New York City on a weekly basis for in-person meetings.
- Develop, implement and audit digital marketing work plan and strategies (social media, email marketing, content marketing, SEO and other online tools) to achieve marketing and fundraising targets for all Hazon programs.
- Construct, articulate and execute coordinated and timely multi-channel social media strategy (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc) to promote Hazon events and create buzz around the Hazon brand in general.
- Translate high-level goals into overall strategy plan with creative ideas and tactics, ensuring that content is optimally-timed, original, informative and appealing.
- Collaborate with staff across the organization to market Hazon programs, enhance fundraising, increase participant engagement and support alumni relations.
- Lead competitive analyses, stakeholder interviews, and other needed research.
- Facilitate online conversations with constituents and respond to queries; report on online reviews and feedback from constituents and fans.
- Stay up-to-date with new digital technologies and best practices to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- Design, produce and track 5-10 emails per week, using AB testing and other tools to increase levels of engagement.
- Perform WordPress website updates, manage Google Ads and improve SEO.
- Prepare reporting dashboard on user engagement across all digital platforms, and ensure that projects are measured and archived appropriately.
- Manage and maintain photo and video libraries.
- Opportunity to develop multimedia skills and create video content.
- Work with MarCom team to develop and execute exceptional work.
- 3+ years’ experience in a relevant field (such as digital strategy, direct marketing, communications strategy, online fundraising) and a BA degree
- Fluent in contemporary digital marketing and engagement programs
- Eager to make an impact in line with Hazon’s mission and vision: renewing Jewish life and helping to create a healthier and more sustainable world for all
- Ability to deliver excellent creative content (text, image and video)
- Creativity and a desire to take initiative and suggest fresh ideas, as well as ability to follow established design protocols
- Ability to manage workload and multiple priorities independently and work collaboratively with a range of staff
- Self-starter, driven, focused, eager, with a sense of humor and a passion for staying ahead of the curve in the ever-evolving world of digital strategy
- Keen attention to detail
- Familiarity with web design and publishing (WordPress)
- Proficiency with Adobe Cloud products including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge of the Jewish community and familiarity with target demographics
Competitive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Digital Marketing Strategist” in the subject line. In your cover letter, please tell us about your cutting-edge knowledge of – and fervent interest in – all things digital. What's your story? Have you been managing social media for a for-profit corporation, but want to now use your talent toward a cause you believe in? Are you familiar with the work of Hazon and want to be on the frontline of getting our message out? Let us know why this will be a job you'll throw your most creative self into, and why you’d be perfect for it. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Salary is commensurate with experience, including benefits package.
Hazon is strongly committed to equal employment opportunities for all individuals. Hazon will make all employment decisions for staff and applicants without unlawful discrimination as to race, creed, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, alienage, citizenship or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, compensation, training and development, benefits, promotion, demotion transfer, discipline or termination. All Hazon staff, regardless of position, are expected to maintain and live up to the true meaning of nondiscrimination.