Under the supervision of the Vice President of Public Health Programs, and working in close cooperation with colleagues from the Grants and Contracts Team, the Finance Department and staff of grant-funded programs, manage a portfolio of grants and contracts that fund programs and services of Fenway Health, ensuring responsible use of funding and highest standards of compliance with contract conditions and reporting requirements.
- Provide post-award management of a portfolio of grants and contracts
- Establish and maintain regular communication with funding agency officers, including attendance at any required grantee meetings and creating/maintaining accounts with any online portals the funder requires;
- Establish and maintain regular communications with internal program staff managing the funded project, ensuring that contract performance responsibilities are clearly understood and assigned;
- Ensure timely execution and submission of contracts, subcontracts, budgets, and work plans;
- Create, implement and monitor a schedule for complying with contract conditions and reporting requirements;
- Provide timely notice to the Data Team regarding data needs and submission deadlines, ensuring they have sufficient time to prepare complete data reports.
- Monitor contract budgets, and assist program staff in fiscal management of their projects:
- Regularly review budget activity, and ensure that budgets are spent in a timely manner.
- Communicate regularly with program managers on spending, and troubleshoot issues related to under- or over-spending
- Lead the preparation and submission of requests for budget amendment, carry-over or no-cost extension
- Work with department staff and funders to prepare for and implement site visits by funders and/or regulators
- Assist in securing new funding awards
- For multi-year awards, ensure that required reports and/or applications for continuation/renewal funding are complete and submitted by required deadlines;
- As requested, assist grant writers and program staff with the preparation and submission of applications for new funding, with particular focus on development of project budgets.
- Support high standards and continuous improvement in Fenway Health’s grants management and compliance systems
- Ensure overall compliance with state and federal guidelines, laws and rules pertaining to all aspects of contract performance and reporting requirements
- Provide training and technical assistance to managers of funded programs and Finance Department staff regarding contract spending, performance and reporting requirements
- Work with colleagues from the Grants and Management Team and Finance Department to refine or develop new systems and tools to facilitate contract tracking and compliance.
- Perform and complete administrative tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Maintain internal grants management data base and/or tracking spreadsheets with updated details of all grants in portfolio
- Circulate documents for signature to meet submission deadlines
- Track, execute and reconcile invoices and purchase orders as necessary
- Meet Agency Participatory Expectation
- Adhere to all agency and departmental policies and procedures
- Participate in quality assessment and improvement activities as requested
- Adhere to the highest principles of patient and client confidentiality
- Adhere to established safety policies, procedures and precautions; identifies potential or actual unsafe situations in the environment and takes measures to rectify the situation
- Attend all required meetings, in-services and professional trainings
- Maintains professional competence necessary to perform job responsibilities; maintains and provides agency with records of continuing education activities
- Serve on agency committees and in professional organizations when requested
6. Perform related duties as required
- The following knowledge and skills as typically acquired by completing a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience:
- Knowledge of health and human service funding agencies and their programs
- Experience with public sector grant and contract/project management strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to interpret regulations and requirements related to program performance, outcome measures and other reporting requirements
- Experience developing and monitoring budgets
- Sit at a computer station for extended periods of time Ability to keyboard for extended periods of time Ability to travel to occasional national meetings and/or conferences as required
- Ability to meet the following physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodations: Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work harmoniously with diverse groups of individuals, including individuals at all levels of government. Experience working in an ethnically, culturally, and racially diverse environment preferred Experience working independently and collegially to resolve problems
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with detail orientation
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments with tight, concurrent deadlines and frequent interruptions.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, prioritize tasks, maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Proficiency in Excel and MS Word and aptitude for learning new web-based programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and ability to communicate diplomatically with internal and external audiences
LGBTQ-identified persons, people of color, and others from historically underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply.