Summary: The Safe Horizon DV Shelter Program provides safe and confidential spaces for DV Survivors and their children. We are committed to providing these services with empathy, compassion, professionalism, non-judgement, and respect. Our spaces respect survivors’ right to self-determination and focus on giving families and individuals the space, both emotional and physical, to heal from the victimization and trauma they have experienced.
The Associate Clinical Director for Children Services is a Robin Hood grant funded position for the Family Partnership Initiative. The Associate Clinical Director will be responsible for managing a range of programmatic tasks related to children and their parent residing in shelter, family programming and operations. This includes training, clinical supervision, consultation and providing support, guidance and assistance to the Directors, Social Workers, Childcare Workers and their supervisors working in DV shelter locations. The Associate Clinical Director will also serve as a liaison to Safe Horizon’s Counseling Center.
- Integrate a trauma-informed, client-centered approach, using an anti-oppressive lens, into the work with clients. Coach and guide staff in their client practice that reflects these approaches.
- Service Coordination and Advocacy Across Systems: Survivor-centered care coordination of mental health and other services for children with mental health and trauma needs, working with a range of partners and systems
- Develop and implement trainings to staff for the purpose of providing necessary information in the areas of child development, parenting, program policies and procedures, work methods, techniques, and the use of various tools to assist the children in the childcare center
- Train staff on administering child screening tools and how to discuss results with parents and to prepare families to accept referrals to services if needed
- Project management of grant requirements including but not limited to data analysis, evaluation, and reporting to funder. Assist with and develop grant opportunities.
- Develop policies and procedures to assist in the delivery of services to children in shelter that incorporate trauma informed practices
- Develop policies and practices to ensure the shelter environment is physically and emotionally safe for both staff and children and that the childcare centers provide inclusive, developmentally, and culturally appropriate learning experiences and activities
- Provide technical assistance/consultation to childcare staff and supervisors as assigned or requested
- Supervise the Coordinator for Special Projects and Children’s Initiative
- Provide biweekly task clinical individual and group supervision to Social Workers who carry a small caseload
- Represent Safe Horizon and/or DV Shelter Department in meetings, committees, conferences, media, workgroups
- Attend meetings, conferences, and in-service presentations for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information relative to job functions including working across the eight shelter sites to assist in service provision to support and train staff
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with children and families in a clinical setting
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of child development and of curriculum development for multi-age groups
- Knowledge and sensitivity to domestic violence, child abuse, neglect, and sexual abuse
- Experience developing and providing trainings
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team member
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Motivational Interviewing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet, and Power Point
- Strong organization skills
- Must be able to become certified in child/infant CPR and first aid
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information: