227 Sw Pine St
· Salaried, Exempt
· $55k - $60k/year
· Located in downtown Portland, Oregon
· Reports to EPEAT Program Director
ABOUT THE GREEN ELECTRONICS COUNCIL:
The Green Electronics Council (GEC) is a mission-driven organization that seeks to achieve a world in which only sustainable electronics are designed, manufactured, bought, used and recycled. We were founded in 2006 to manage EPEAT, the largest global rating system for greener electronics, which is used by purchasers in 43 countries. GEC works with global electronics brands and large scale purchasers to facilitate their adoption of sustainable manufacturing and procurement systems. We aim to increase the market availability and purchase of sustainable electronics. More information is available at www.GreenElectronicsCouncil.org.
The Quality and Compliance Manager is a member of EPEAT’s Conformity Assurance Team, whose primary responsibility is coordinating the oversight of the Conformity Assurance Bodies/Certification Bodies in EPEAT, providing quality management functions, and supporting the Standards Management process. Specific responsibilities include: Creating and improving CAB/CB oversight procedures, performing CAB/CB audits, administering the EPEAT quality management and document control system and coordinating the administrative process of the Standards Management process.
This position is not responsible for staff supervision.
Conformity Assurance Body/Certification Body Oversight
· Under direction of the EPEAT Director, create and maintain policies and procedures, including audit materials, for CAB/CB oversight.
o Identify areas of improvement for EPEAT Conformity Assurance process for CABs
o Implement certification within the EPEAT Conformity Assurance process for CBs
· Coordinate, schedule, and perform CAB/CB audits to EPEAT Policies and Procedures, criteria, and other standards (as applicable)
o Ensure all audit nonconformances are closed out and corrective action plans are submitted
o Identify areas for continuous improvement and consistency among CABs/CBs from audit results
· Coordinate with outside accreditation bodies as applicable to provide accreditation options to CABs/CBs
· Coordinate the implementation of new product categories and other initiatives for CABs/CBs
· Coordinate communication and meetings of EPEAT policies, procedures, and program changes to CABs/CBs through the newsletter, trainings, and other channels.
EPEAT Quality Management and Credibility
· Manage the EPEAT Program Quality Management System
o Manage the development and maintenance of policies and procedures for the EPEAT program
o Coordinate the internal audit and annual management review, including providing program performance information
o Identify, track, and close out internal nonconformances resulting from audits, procedure failures, and complaints/appeals.
o Perform annual internal reviews on how conformity assurance staff perform EPEAT conformity assurance work according to procedures
· Manage and maintain the EPEAT Document Control System
o Provide trainings for GEC staff regarding document control
o Track, maintain, and provide approvals for documents
o Ensure only controlled documents are distributed to appropriate parties
· Together with EPEAT Program Director, identify and implement accreditation requirements for EPEAT (e.g. ISO 14024, EPA Guidelines).
Standards Development Process Coordination
· Under the direction of the Director of Standards Management, coordinate the project timeline and administrative functions for new and existing standards and/or EPEAT criteria
o Create project plans, including milestones, responsibilities, and major/minor tasks.
o Create and maintain policies and procedures for standards management processes.
o Write, send, and receive communications from stakeholders to solicit participation and support for the standards management process
o Other administrative functions such as writing meeting notes, recording ballot results, etc.
· Bachelors degree in related field required: technology, engineering, science, sustainability.
· Masters degree in a related field preferred: technology, MBA, sustainability
· 3-5 years professional experience related to conformity assessment, including performing audits. Experience in ISO 17065, ISO 17020 or ISO 14024 preferred.
· Knowledge of the environmental and sustainability issues related to information technology, global product environmental regulations, and eco-label requirements.
Professional and personal attributes:
o Team player, respectful, approachable
o Service oriented
o Good judgment and decisive
o Flexible, creative
o Balanced and fair
o Detail oriented
o Process oriented
o Clear and concise communicator, both written and verbal
Compensation: $55k - $60k/year based on experience, and a comprehensive benefit package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Application Process: Submit a cover letter and résumé specifically focused on your qualifications for this position to GEC’s Human Resources Manager, Julia Bulfin: firstname.lastname@example.org . Include in your cover letter details demonstrating competencies and qualifications listed above. No phone calls please.
Application Period: Green Electronics Council seeks to fill this position by June 1, 2018. Applicants should apply as soon as possible.