District of Columbia
- Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of kids in need?
- Do you enjoy talking with communities, relationship building and motivating others to take action?
- Does matching resources with underserved areas excite you?
Come make an impact with us!
KaBOOM! is the national non-profit dedicated to ensuring all kids have access to great places to play, especially those growing up in poverty in America. We know play is essential to child development and leads to a healthy future, so we work every day to ensure that kids living in underserved areas have access to the play they need to thrive. Our future depends on it!
KaBOOM! is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity – women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply
Community Outreach Coordinators (COCs) are responsible for researching and prospecting a high quality applicant pipeline of child-serving organizations for KaBOOM! grant opportunities across North America. COCs help develop partnerships that align KaBOOM! Funding Partners’ interests with the KaBOOM! community build model and community needs. The COC provides support through the screening and selection process. COCs also act as a liaison between community groups and KaBOOM! by helping introduce and publicize KaBOOM! programs, vision and points of view.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and pursue community organizations for build projects and grant programs that meet KaBOOM! criteria, through internet research and cold calling
- Communicate benefits and obligations of KaBOOM! programs to community organizations to build interest in applying for a grant opportunity
- Cultivate and manage ongoing relationships with non-profit child-serving organizations
- Analyze submitted applications to determine viability and alignment with funding opportunities
- Become an expert in assigned markets; understand the geography of assigned market and garner knowledge of potential Community Partners
- Facilitate conference calls with key decision makers and community leaders to set appropriate expectations for KaBOOM! playground builds, educating community groups on the community build model while deciphering strengths and weaknesses of a particular group for a project
- Advocate for community groups by presenting group to an internal review panel and by preparing written recommendations to funding partners
Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures. Candidates should have skills in building coalitions among people, organizations and institutions, and the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at the same time. Proficiency in written and spoken Spanish is strongly desired for this position.
A strong sense of personal responsibility for one’s work and commitment to results is key. Precise attention to detail and organizational skills are critical to success in this position.
The ideal candidate should be a self-motivated team player who is flexible and able to bring a high level of energy to everything they do.
Strong organization, coordination, interpersonal, and communication skills are valued.
BA/BS degree is required along with at least 1-2 years of relevant experience in community outreach, client services, research, and/or community development.
We have a fun and dynamic work atmosphere filled with talented and passionate Boomers who want to make a difference in kids’ lives. Individuals interested in applying for this position are encouraged to go to kaboom.org/careers and select Community Outreach Coordinator. Please make sure to include a thoughtful cover letter. This position will be based in our Washington, DC office
Our competitive benefits package includes optional medial, dental and vision + employer-paid life insurance, generous PTO + federal holidays, parental leave, a fully stocked kitchen and monthly catered lunches.
Level of Language Proficiency
English - fluent
Spanish - full working proficiency strongly desired
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.