Details: Dependent on qualifications and experience
Jl Bukit Raya 82
We are looking for a Communications Manager to develop, implement and oversee BNF’s Communications Programme. The successful candidate will lead a team of communication specialists (Online Engagement Officer, Content Writer, Graphic Designer and Event Organiser) to promote the organisation’s mission and engage external audiences in BNF’s conservation efforts through social media, BNF website, visual media, campaigns, events, email marketing, promotional materials, and the media and press.
The Communications Manager is responsible for BNF’s visual identity and branding guidelines, communications strategy, identifying key conservation messages and producing compelling stories. This person will be expected to familiarise themselves with the full spectrum of BNF programmes to enable them to effectively fulfil their duties.
We are looking for a creative, versatile and motivated person who can bring new ideas and strategies to our current Communications Programme. The Communications Manager will be encouraged to seek opportunities to expand our audiences and increase the impact of our communication outreach to strengthen support for BNF.
The successful candidate must be able to manage a flexible, productive work schedule, coordinate multiple-tasks and competing priorities, and manage themselves and the Communications Team effectively to meet deadlines. The Communications Manager needs to have good social skills, and be outgoing and confident.
- Supervision and management of BNF’s Communications Team; including planning the team’s schedule, and organising and leading team and individual staff meetings;
- Providing training and capacity building opportunities for the Communications Team and staff across BNF Programmes to improve the team’s skills in communications (e.g. writing, photography, social media) to help enhance BNF’s outreach efforts;
- Develop, implement, monitor and evaluate an effective communications strategy, including annual SWOT analysis, objectives, work plan and projected budgets;
- Writing and implementing BNF’s communication policies (e.g. social media, media and press, photography and film);
- Writing programme update reports and representing the Communications Team at internal and external meetings;
- Management of all communication outputs to ensure consistency, quality, clear conservation messages are shared and outputs conform to BNF branding and visual identity;
- Oversee the development, design and updates of the BNF website working closely with BNF’s Online Engagement Officer and external website developers;
- Responsible for international and local press and media relations, including writing and distributing press releases, dealing with media requests and enquiries, and enhancing BNF’s relationship with the press and media;
- Coordinating with visiting filmmakers and photographers to provide support and ensure they are meeting the needs of BNF and are working within BNF’s policies and agreements;
- Creating and running public awareness campaigns focusing on wildlife and conservation issues in Borneo with the aim of acquiring further support for BNF and its programmes;
- Working closely with BNF’s Partnerships Manager to ensure communication outputs match donors’ needs and requirements, and BNF’s online platforms are supporting the organisation’s fundraising strategies.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in communications, public relations, marketing, or related field, preferably Science Communications;
- Experience in management and supervision of a team;
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate and enthuse staff to increase engagement and contributions to BNF’s communication outputs;
- Experience in writing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating a communications strategy for a NGO or charity;
- Significant experience across a broad range of communication channels;
- Excellent written and verbal communication, research and proofreading skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Experience of creating and running public awareness campaigns, which may include social media, press, TV, radio, events and public relations, that has led to increased engagement;
- Experience of developing positive and ongoing relationships with the press and media;
- Excellent computing skills, plus experience in website development and management, and use of online communications technology, including social media;
- Fluent spoken and written English essential;
- Ability to speak and write in Bahasa Indonesia or a willingness to learn;
- Photography, filming and photo/film editing experience/knowledge;
- Strong interest and commitment to wildlife conservation and BNF’s vision and mission;
- Experience working with a conservation NGO in Indonesia preferred.
Salary and benefits: Dependent on qualifications and experience
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent spoken and written English essential; and ability to speak and write in Bahasa Indonesia or a willingness to learn.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send (a) a cover letter detailing why you believe you are suitable for the position; (b) an up-to-date CV; (c) a portfolio to showcase your professional achievements in communications and (d) two reference letters, to Wiwin (BNF Human Resources Department) at email@example.com with email subject ‘BNF Communications Manager’.