425 Lafayette Street
Joe’s Pub at The Public is one of New York City’s most celebrated venues for emerging and established performance artists. Named for Public Theater founder Joe Papp, Joe’s Pub debuted in 1998 and plays a vital role in The Public’s mission of supporting young artists while providing established artists with an intimate space to perform and develop new work. Joe’s Pub presents talent from all over the world as part of The Public’s programming downtown at its Astor Place home, hosting approximately 800 shows and serving over 100,000 audience members annually.
Joe’s Pub is looking for a full time Programming & Administrative Manager to perform a range of artistic, administrative and logistical activities to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization. This position will report to the Director of Joe’s Pub.
The Public is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
This is an Exempt position according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Cultivate and support Joe’s Pub artist community and artist development programs
- Prepare artist offer letters in consultation with Director
- Curate and build artist relationships within the vision and mission of Joe’s Pub
- Field and respond to artist inquiries in consultation with Director
- Manage department administration and finance
- Execute artist contracts and payments
- Work with the Director on correspondence and walk-throughs for rental events
- Proof advertisements, print material and press releases for accuracy
- Attend shows at Joe’s Pub and elsewhere as needed for artist research and support
Experience and Requirements:
The ideal candidate will:
· Have 3+ years’ experience in the arts
· Work confidently with budgets and financial tracking
· Be highly organized, detail oriented and systematic; have strong time management skills and work well in a team
· Have strong written and verbal communication skills
· Have knowledge of programs within Microsoft Office suite
· Be passionate for working in a diverse work environment
· Have a working knowledge of New York City music/arts scene
· Be a self-motivated, creative, forward thinker
Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Minimum Education Required