Primarily responsible for all aspects of the JDRF One Walk Program including corporate and family team fundraising and logistics. Working in conjunction with the Development Director, regional teams and volunteer leadership, he or she will increase the revenue of assigned fundraising activities; ensure that the fundraising and non-fundraising priorities of JDRF grow year over year through increased corporate, family, volunteer, and other consistent involvement; organize and coordinate appropriate committees with volunteers to expand fundraising and non-fundraising programs; and manage one staff person.
- Support the vision, mission, priorities and guiding principles of JDRF. Understand and serve as a key staff member in implementing the strategic direction and purpose of the chapter.
- Maintain a basic understanding of JDRF's mission and research cure therapeutics.
- Collaborate with chapter staff to ensure the critical growth and success of the chapter.
- Direct, coach and mentor one development manager; cultivating and sustaining a strong, team-oriented culture with emphasis on results and accountability.
- Manage and continually develop committees providing leadership, cultivation, acknowledgement, material support and assistance in building and implementing committee annual plans.
- In coordination with volunteer leadership and committees, maximize revenue and achieve fundraising goals.
- Ensure that the logistics, budget and timelines are met for each event.
- Participate in budgeting and forecasting process with the Development Director.
- Manage and maintain accurate and complete financial records for each event.
- Conduct a comprehensive evaluation to determine the success of each event and opportunities for growth.
- Maintain standards for all events and non-events programs established at the national level.
- Utilize computer software systems to track and analyze data related to events and donors.
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree required; CFRE a plus.
- Minimum 5-7 years of progressively responsible and related fundraising experience with a minimum of 3-5 years in a supervisory capacity required.
- Exceptional management, leadership and team-building skills.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, human behavior and performance, and coordination of people and resources.
- Volunteer management experience and familiarity with volunteer/staff partnerships.
- Understanding of computer systems and databases. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively multi-task, establish priorities and work in a fast-paced environment. Highly efficient in time management and able to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Capability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers as well as leverage relationships and negotiate agreements.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Superior active listening, observation, analytical and problem recognition and solving skills.
- Ability to travel locally required. Occasional overnight travel as needed. Occasional evening and weekend work required as needed.
Minimum Education Required