Program Manager, Business and Human Rights, ARISE Project / PROSPER Project
- Job posted by Winrock International - Arlington
Winrock Internatioanal seeks a mission-driven, creative and entrepreneurial professional to manage public and private sector partnerships and projects that protect and empower the vulnerable. The Program Manager will lead two projects working at the intersection of business and human rights with business representatives committed to social change.
The Program Manager for Business and Human Rights under the Civic Engagement & Social Equity (CESE) unit will provide strategic guidance and program management for Winrock’s ARISE and PROSPER projects. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 5 years of experience, a background in project management, an understanding of business social responsibility, and international experience. Preference for candidates with development experience and Portuguese language fluency.
In particular, this role manages two ground-breaking projects funded by private sector partners focused on reducing child labor in agriculture supply chains in four countries.
· ARISE, an innovative public-private partnership that works on a hands-on and multifaceted approach to eliminating child labor in smallholder agriculture communities. Building on a common vision, we implement a whole community approach to address the root causes of child labor.
· PROSPER, a program designed to complement efforts by the government, employers, workers, and civil society organizations in fighting child labor in the tobacco-growing sector in Tanzania.
On an overarching basis, the selected candidate will:
- Focus on integrating the private sector perspective into our work and advance work with private sector stakeholders to achieve Winrock’s mission.
- Coordinate and monitor project activities on a daily basis, manage budgets, develop program reports and other deliverables, communicate with field staff, and liaise with donors and partners.
- Pursue new funding and partnership opportunities through public and private sector channels.
- Frequently travel to the project sites in Africa, Latin America, and other regions as needed.
- Manage multiple tasks, work effectively across a broad range of cultures and geographic areas, and enjoy working in a collaborative environment
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor’s level degree required, public policy, international development, economics, business or a related field, Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in business and human rights issues, especially in an international development context;
- A minimum of five years’ program management experience;
- Experience providing technical and administrative support and oversight to project teams on corporate, foundation, and/or US Government-funded projects;
- Field work in developing countries (Africa/Asia/Latin America strongly preferred);
- Demonstrated experience with child labor, youth empowerment and/or gender equity, a plus.
Winrock International is a recognized leader in U.S. and international development with a focus on economic, social and environmental issues. Winrock strives to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources across the globe. The organization is named after Winthrop Rockefeller who cut a unique path as an economic and governmental leader in the 1950’s. As an outcomes-driven organization, we believe that sustainable development is inclusive and that complex challenges require integrated solutions. We value continuous learning, programmatic impact, and a culture of accountability.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required