PO BOX 1444
120 Morris Ave
Executive Director, Bridges Outreach, Inc.
Mission: Bridges connects the housed and homeless to establish relationships that lead to greater acceptance and understanding, social and economic growth, and wellbeing.
Vision: The elimination of the social and economic divides between the housed and the homeless.
The Executive Director (ED) leads Bridges Outreach (Bridges), and has primary responsibility for all aspects of the organization, including staff oversight of the organization, budget and cash flow issues, fundraising, community partnerships and networking, communications and advocacy, and day-to-day operations. Working with the Board of trustees and staff, the ED ensures that Bridges achieves its mission and financial objectives.
Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with Board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach. Responsible for:
- Implementation of Bridges programs that carry out the organization’s mission
- Strategic planning to ensure that Bridges successfully fulfills its mission into the future
- Enhancing Bridges image by being active and visible in the community and working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations
- Communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and make informed decisions, attend Board and committee meetings as required, provide support for Board and committee activities
Staff and Program Management: The ED directs and supervises staff so that Bridges operates in an efficient and professional manner.
- Hire and supervise staff, evaluate performance and recommend compensation adjustments
- Encourage growth in skills among staff members, and plan for advancement and succession; foster a collaborative environment
- Develop programs that are in accordance with Bridges mission and meet annual goals
Financial Performance and Viability: Develop resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Prepare and monitor annual budgets; ensure timely payment of taxes; prepare documents for Audit
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Bridges, including submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position
- Responsible for fundraising through individual donors, corporate, foundation and government grants and events, and developing other resources necessary to support Bridges mission; collaborate with and oversee development staff
Community Partnerships/Communications/Advocacy: The ED is Bridges representative to the public, and must effectively communicate with varied audiences.
- Communicate Bridges message and mission; develop marketing strategies
- Maximize volunteer opportunities and participation at Bridges
- Broaden geographic and demographic of Bridges volunteers and supporters
- Build working relationships and cooperative programs with local community groups, public agencies and organizations
- Organize and oversee special events and publications
- Director of Operations
- Director of Project Connect
- Director of Development/Grant Writer
- Data Manager
Reports to: The Board of Trustees
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experienced manager with strong non-profit leadership background
- Minimum five years experience in staff supervision, team building and performance evaluation
- Strong written and oral communication skills; public speaking experience
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Knowledge of business planning and financials, and non-profit accounting concepts
- Minimum BA/BS required
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
Send resume and cover letter to: BridgesEDSearch@gmail.com. Please, no phone calls.
Please include in your cover letter how you learned about the position.
Resumes will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit resume and cover letter via email to: email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS.
Include in your cover letter how you learned about the position.