Director, Education Services
The Boys & Girls Club of Newburgh seeks a Director, Education Services to develop, implement and oversee the education services of the organization including school day, school and community based afterschool and staff development programs. The Director, Education Services manages the day to day operations, including staffing, budgets, program assessment and evaluation and curriculum alignment with National Common Core Standards, New York State Education Standards, and district/school/grade-specific learning objectives.
In addition to supervising the Club’s full and part-time education staff, the Director, Education Services oversees the development of curricula and collaborates with Club staff to create new education initiatives. The Director, Education Services also forms productive partnerships with schools and community-based organizations and represents the Club at educational events.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director, Education Services is a member of the Club’s senior management team and serves as liaison to the New York State Education Department, school districts, local schools and other educational and cultural organizations. The Director, Education Services works closely with the Executive Director and Director of Development to align programs with funding opportunities and ensure that the Club’s marketing materials accurately represent agency objectives to target audiences.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required. Master's degree preferred.
• A minimum of five year’s work experience in a non-profit/education agency including senior level development and management of curricula, programs, and policy.
• Demonstrated ability to organize, direct and coordinate operations; staff supervision, the recruitment and retention of key personnel; policy development, relationship management; and budget development and management.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, subordinates, Board members, families, community groups, and other related agencies.
Please submit a cover letter to email@example.com
Medical, dental, paid time off.
Minimum Education Required