Development Associate for Environmental Youth Development Organization
- Job posted by rockaway waterfront alliance
Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
5803 Rockaway Beach Boulevard
Rockaway Waterfront Alliance (RWA) is a non-profit organization in Far Rockaway, NY that provides enriching youth and community programming, to instill both individual and civic respect for nature, and contribute to advancing the physical, economic, and social sustainability of the Rockaway Peninsula.
Rockaway Waterfront Alliance (RWA) is seeking a full time Development Associate to grow with the organization and provide administrative support for the Program and Development staff. The Development Associate will work closely with the Executive Director and Development team to maintain and execute all grant administration, data entry, budget administration and communications with funders; providing administrative support for all RWA programs.
Additional duties include grant administration, managing proposal submission to selected government agencies/ foundations, maintaining accurate and up-to-date institutional funder records in database, assist with reporting to funders and routinely reporting on the status of activities and results.
- Assist with administrative support on grant awards; including grant contracts, data entry, tracking grant deliverables and reports.
- Assist senior staff with aspects of communications with funders, individual gift solicitations, including efforts to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major donors
- Conduct web-based research on prospective foundation funders, corporate sponsors, and individual donors
- Manage donor database and tracking system for donor activity
- Develop and manage grants calendar
- Prioritize donor interactions and liaise with Development team and Executive Director to identify cultivation and stewardship opportunities for donors;
- Maintain hard and electronic copies of grant files/history/databases and other files as necessary
- Coordinate correspondence, mail appeals, and other communications with individual donors and prospects
- Coordinate and support special events and volunteer fundraising activities
- Along with senior staff, support the Board of Directors and engage Board fundraising
- Respond to funder inquiries and communications in a timely manner
- Assist with related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing, collating, and notarizing documents.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- A self-starter with a positive attitude and “roll-up-my-sleeves” mentality
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize, multitask, and meet competing deadlines.
- Able to communicate effectively
- Possess great interpersonal skills and work effectively with a wide range of people
- Assist others with professionalism, responsiveness, and a customer-oriented mindset
- Self-motivated and resourceful with a proactive attitude.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Google Docs, and Macintosh and PC platforms.
- Experience in grant management, budgeting, and administration with city, state, and federal as well as private funders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to foster good working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Able to maintain a positive attitude when confronted with frustrating and bureaucratic processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and task follow-through.
- Detailed oriented record keeping and organization.
- Working knowledge of legal and accounting fundamentals and policies.
- Eagerness to grow with the position as the organization’s needs evolve.
- Knowledge of government and private foundations focused on youth, education and community development preferred
- Ability to work efficiently
- Possess an interest in advancing educational opportunities in underserved communities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- College degree in writing or administration preferred
- Driver’s license preferred
- An authentic commitment to the mission and values of the organization.
Rockaway Waterfront Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
RWA offers full benefit package to employees.
Minimum Education Required