44 Canal Center Plaza
REQUISITION NUMBER: 1195
JOB TITLE: Project Coordinator I
SALARY: Minimum Salary $45,111 (Commensurate w/experience)
Grade (7); Full-time; Exempt
TEAM: Member Engagement and Leadership Services
SUPERVISOR: Project Manager
LOCATION: Alexandria, VA
This is a critical time for policing and the International Association of Chiefs of Police is at the forefront, working to engage communities and promote best practices. The world is in a period of change and IACP is responding with a myriad of new initiatives and member services that bring together innovation, research, and dedication to the field. The association is looking for people with the passion, energy, and commitment to help us move the field of criminal justice forward. We seek to hire a Project Coordinator to support the Law Enforcement Policy Center.
Working with IACP staff, project partners, and stakeholders, the Project Coordinator will aid in
- Researching a variety of policy topics, recognizing trends, and synthesizing information into clear, concise documents
- Applying critical thinking and analysis abilities
- Assessing, evaluating, and enhancing existing training and resources
- Scheduling and facilitating conference calls and adjusting response to individual needs of the group
- Developing customized resources to meet identified needs, to include publications, guidebooks, reports, webinars, and workshop presentations.
- Providing on-site assistance at events with oversight of meeting/event materials, contracts, logistics, and budget tracking.
- Assisting in the development and editing of Policy Center documents.
- Creating and supporting project outreach, marketing, and information dissemination including social media posts
- Maintaining professional communication with project team, including all IACP staff, Policy Center working group volunteers, the Policy Center Advisory Group, and national and international partners
- Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in subject-related field or combination of education and experience in subject-related field
· Minimum of two (2) years of experience preferably in a non-profit organization, association, or criminal justice environment
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Required Core Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Strong analytical skills to include ability to troubleshoot problems from multiple perspectives
· Effective tasks prioritization and time management skills
· Excellent written and interpersonal skills
· Effective collaboration and team work with diverse colleagues, clients and stakeholders
· Experience with and ability to plan events and make logistical arrangements for individuals and groups
· Ability to process invoices and other financial requests
· Capacity to track data and create associated reports
· Basic understanding of relevant project subject matter
· Capacity to work collaboratively and productively with the project team, law enforcement professionals and funding agencies under deadlines
- Occasional travel may be required
The International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) offers a generous benefits package to its core staff to include: Competitive Salary; Paid Annual & Sick Leave; 10 paid holidays per year; Health/Vision/Dental Coverage (premiums mostly paid by IACP); Life Insurance/AD&D, 2x salary (100% of premiums paid by IACP); Short & Long Term Disability Coverage (100% of premiums paid by IACP); Parking/Transportation Subsidy; 403 (B) Retirement Savings Plan; Flexible Spending Account – Medical & Dependent Care; Direct Deposit; Free Gym Access
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary history.
All cover letters must contain the name of the position being applied for as well as the requisition number. Please note that applications received without all the requested information will not be forwarded for review.
All applications must be received by October 14, 2018.
EXTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please apply using the following URL: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=fe5ffef1-6c09-4889-b9a0-392bec3239ea&jobId=264782&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001 -OR- apply through our website at www.theiacp.org. EOE M/F