50 Island Street
Position: Loan Originator, Commercial Services. full-time. [Salary commensurate with experience]
About Mill Cities Community Investments: MCCI is a rapidly growing regional provider of residential mortgage lending and commercial lending & services. As the only Certified Community Development Financial Institution North West of Boston, we are bridging the gap in lending in low-to-moderate income communities. We combine loans with complementary education and counseling to generate lasting outcomes. Our vision is to advance community revitalization and development through an array of appropriate loan programs and technical assistance to support the cultivation of a healthy financial ecosystem in our investment area, which includes Essex and Middlesex Counties, with a strong focus in the Merrimack Valley.
How we do this:
· MCCI promotes and preserves successful and sustainable homeownership by providing homeowners with access to appropriate financing and education.
· MCCI encourages and supports the start-up and expansion of small businesses, as well as the creation of employment opportunities for the benefit of individuals and the local economy.
· MCCI assists individuals, families, community organizations and entities to develop, acquire, improve, operate, renovate and/or refurbish properties for housing and mixed use through loan programs and technical assistance.
Purpose of the Position:
To support MCCI’s mission and growth by increasing commercial loans funding.
Prospective Borrowers and Current Borrowers
· Meet with prospective loan applicants to discuss
· Take loan applications.
· Present loans for review and approval to underwriter, close and fund loans.
· Expected to managed a pipeline of 50 loan applications active clients who may at different stages of their business planning.
· Fluency in Spanish and English required.
· Follow established policies and procedures to ensure the successful transfer of servicing and benefits rights of loans to specific investors. Execute and implement system and workflow enhancements.
· Collaborate with team members to identify opportunities for process improvement and solutions integration.
· Ability to follow established policy & procedure.
- Ability to be independent and work with minimal supervision to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to apply lending concepts to meet MCCI mission.
- Ability to analyze financial statements
- Strong communication skills, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Solid computer skills including: MS Excel, Word, Google Drive, as well as highly comfortable with databases.
Level of Language Proficiency
bilingual- Spanish and English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
send resume and coverletter to: Ari Veloz, Chief Operating Officer.