Details: commensurate with experience
45-18 Court Square
Long Island City
The NYC Leadership Academy (NYCLA) is a nationally-recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a clear vision: to support greater academic success for students across the nation – especially the most vulnerable – through high-quality school leadership. We are firmly committed to preparing and supporting educational leaders so they can catalyze and sustain effective change across their organizations and educate students effectively. We do this by building the capacity of education systems across the country to develop and support their own leaders and bringing a standards-based and social justice-rooted approach to leadership development. Since 2003, more than 150 school districts, state departments of education, universities, and nonprofits in 32 states have collaborated with NYCLA to prepare and support leaders who can transform schools and ensure all students have access to effective instruction and are nurtured socially, emotionally and academically.
The Senior Director of Research, Evaluation, and Impact ensures the organization’s ability to carefully monitor and measure the success and impact of its work, use formative and summative data for decision-making, organizational learning and continuous improvement, and communicate the data’s implications internally and externally.
· Provide an overarching evaluation vision to help the Leadership Academy articulate and measure its impact as an organization, including finding innovative ways to measure impact
· Design, implement and manage research and/or evaluation plans for our internal programs and for our clients’ projects
· Liaise with program teams, senior staff, marketing staff, funders, external researchers, and clients
· Strategically communicate (both in writing and orally) findings to various audiences including clients, program staff and funders
· Ensure that research and evaluation plan is supported by high-quality data collection strategies and appropriate research methodology
· Lead team in collecting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data and reporting findings
· Collaborate with communications and marketing team to identify new ways to use data to tell the story of our work
· Provide evaluation-related client services
· Attend and present at external meetings and conferences
· Identify research opportunities and contribute to proposals for research funding
· Oversee data tracking in interactive database
· Remain current on relevant external research
· Managing RE&I staff to ensure coherent client focus and quality and timely evaluation products
Education & Experience
- A master’s degree or greater with a focus on research, evaluation, or education, or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- At least five (5) years of experience in a professional setting with a strong focus on data analysis, research, and analytical writing
- Experience with evaluation design, survey creation, and conducting focus groups and interviews
- Experience with logic models and strategic planning
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience managing a team
- Demonstrates a personal and professional commitment to equitable leadership practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively technical material to non-technical audiences
- Experience leading projects and mentoring
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SPSS, and online survey products.
- Experience with Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) databases is preferred
- Familiarity with K-12 educational system is plus
Salary & Benefits:
This is a Full time, benefit eligible position. The NYC Leadership Academy offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience as well as a generous PTO program and employer supported benefit plan.
The NYC Leadership Academy is conveniently located in Long Island City, Queens with convenient access to subway lines (7, E, G, & M), the Long Island Rail Road, numerous bus lines and a ferry landing at Queens West providing service to Midtown, Lower Manhattan and Brooklyn.
Qualified candidates may apply by emailing their resume, cover letter with salary requirements and all other applicable information to email@example.com with (job title (candidate name)) in the subject line.
The NYC Leadership Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We strongly believe that diversity within our staff contributes to our team’s overall success
NYC Leadership Academy offers a generous PTO program and employer supported benefit plan. Consideration will be given to remote candidates.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include salary requirements in your cover letter along with your resume and where your heard of this opportunity.