The Legal Aid Society’s Civil Practice has an immediate opening for an experienced Grant Writer. The Grant Writer will report to the Director of Grants & Contracts and be responsible for the drafting, development, and submission of grant proposals to private and government funders. The Grant Writer will also work in collaboration with the Grants & Contracts team on narrative reports and with the Development Department to identify potential funding sources to support existing and planned program activities. The Grant Writer will participate in special projects and assignments as requested by the Civil Practice Attorney-in-Charge and Managing Attorney. This position is ideal for an experienced grant writer who possesses excellent writing and research skills, and who is interested in non-profit administration and committed to social justice.
• Draft and prepare compelling grant proposals, including letters of intent, and coordinate necessary supporting documentation in collaboration with program teams across the Civil Practice
• Partner with Senior Leadership and Lobbyist to confirm advocacy approach and prepare directed applications and other materials in support of requests for local government funding.
• Coordinate and prepare narrative reports to private and government funders in support of active grants
• Manage all phases of proposal development, coordination and submission
• Develop content as needed for internal publications, presentations, testimony to funders, and advocacy documents
• Create written materials and other narratives for special projects as needed for Attorney-In-Charge
• Perform prospect research on potential sources of funding
• Maintain calendar of funding deadlines, including proposals, reports and renewals
• Other duties as assigned
TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS/ REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of demonstrated experience in grant writing
• Ability to manage relationships, work as a team, and effectively communicate with program staff, grantors, and other funders
• Highly self-motivated and able to work independently and under tight deadlines
• Ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals in a variety of program areas
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including excellent editing and proofreading
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills and attention to detail
• Ability to meet and manage multiple deadlines
• Excellent judgment and ability to handle sensitive or confidential information
• Demonstrated research skills and ability to translate program data into action
• Experience drafting testimony or public statements a plus
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: Please submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample as a PDF when you apply via the LAS Recruitment Portal. The writing sample must be a section from a successful (e.g. awarded) proposal or report.
The Legal Aid Society’s Civil Practice has an immediate opening for an experienced Grant Writer. The Grant Writer will report to the Director of Grants & Contracts and be responsible for the drafting, development, and…
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The leadership of The Legal Aid Society believes in attracting and retaining exceptional talent committed to serving our clients. We offer a generous benefits package including health insurance, paid vacation, disability and life insurance, and more. Salaries for our unionized jobs are governed by our Collective Bargaining Agreement. Please visit our Careers page for additional information. Salary and benefits information will be available to applicants, when and if, an offer is made.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
The leadership of The Legal Aid Society is committed to a work culture of zealous advocacy, respect, diversity and inclusion, client-oriented defense, access to justice and excellent representation. We are dedicated to building a strong professional relationship with each of our clients, to understanding their diverse circumstances, and to meeting their needs. Our ability to achieve these goals depends on the efforts of all of us.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The leadership of The Legal Aid Society believes in attracting and retaining exceptional talent committed to serving our clients. We offer a generous…
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be completed online. We do not accept paper submissions. Please visit our Careers Page to review all current job postings, and instructions on the application process. For technical difficulties or questions regarding this posting, please email email@example.com.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer, The Legal Aid Society prohibits discriminatory employment actions against and treatment of its employees and applicants for employment based on actual or perceived race or color, size (including bone structure, body size, height, shape, and weight), religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity (one’s internal deeply-held sense of one’s gender which may be the same or different from one’s sex assigned at birth; one’s gender identity may be male, female, neither or both, e.g., non-binary), gender expression (the representation of gender as expressed through, for example, one’s name, choice of pronouns, clothing, haircut, behavior, voice, or body characteristics; gender expression may not be distinctively male or female and may not conform to traditional gender-based stereotypes assigned to specific gender identities), disability, marital status, relationship and family structure (including domestic partnerships, polyamorous families and individuals, chosen family, platonic co-parents, and multigenerational families), genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, arrest or pre-employment conviction record, credit history, unemployment status, caregiver status, salary history, or any other characteristic protected by law.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be completed online. We do not accept paper submissions. Please visit our Careers Page to review all current job postings, and instructions on the…