3000 Biscayne Boulevard
Americans for Immigrant Justice (AI Justice – formerly FIAC), a not-for-profit law firm founded in 1996 to protect and promote the basic human rights of immigrants, has a multicultural and a multilingual staff. AI Justice has represented clients from around the world and is recognized as a powerful advocate and national leader for immigrants' rights. AI Justice works closely with traditional civil rights organizations as well as with grassroots organizations and local, state and national government officials to effect positive change in immigration policies.
Job Summary: Assist the Executive Director in duties of administering the agency and as an attorney in the Impact Advocacy unit.
General Responsibilities: Perform administrative functions to support the Executive Director.
Specific Duties: The Executive Assistant shall:
1. Take phone messages for the Executive Director, return calls as directed, and assist callers as requested;
2. Check e-mail, print as needed for review, and route information to others in the agency as needed;
3. Assists with typing of affidavits, reports, letters, memos, etc.
4. Maintaining current address and telephone lists and contact list of people, groups and organizations, and state and national organizations and agencies that serve or advocate on behalf of immigrants;
5. Maintaining files of news articles about the agency and its staff to support FIAC’s fundraising efforts;
6. Maintain documents in a logical and easy-to-access method in the computer.;
7. Arrange details of speaking engagements, including confirmation of time, place, topic and requirements (i.e., articles or handouts);
8. Maintain files of Executive Director’s agency and impact advocacy work;
9. Maintain Executive Director’s calendar, coordinate internal and external meetings, and make appointments;
10. Make travel arrangements;
11. Schedule management, supervisory, and staff meetings, and others as requested;
12. Other duties as assigned, including Internet research (i.e., articles), obtain agency support to letters calling for action, help with faxes to the press, assist with organizational mailings such as dinner photos, annual reports, videos, etc.
Minimum education: High School degree or secretarial training and/or certificate.
Relevant work experience in an office, preferably a law office and/or not-for-profit agency.
Good typing skills and knowledge of WordPerfect.
Excellent organizational and people skills.
Knowledge of office equipment required.
Transcription from a dicta-phone helpful.
Interviews: Top candidates will be invited to interview and submit references. AI Justice is an EOE/AA employer and encourages women and minorities to apply.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT in the subject line. You may also mail your resume to Human Resources, Americans for Immigrant Justice, 3000 Biscayne Blvd., #400, Miami, FL 33137, or send by fax to 305-576-6273. PLEASE DO NOT CALL and DO NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED