1476 4th Street Northeast
District of Columbia
SOME (So Others Might Eat) is seeking an experienced social justice professional to join our Adult Housing program. The Senior Service Coordinator will provide case management support to residents and provide guidance to solve daily challenges and develop personally. This position is metro-accessible in an office building. Clients live in the same building as your office space so you would not need to commute to meet with the clients. For your hard work and dedication, we offer work-life balance, low-cost health care plans and competitive salaries.
Position Description: The Senior Service Coordinator is a leadership position that provides case management support to high-risk adults and assists with the administration of program operations.
Schedule: Monday- Friday 9:00 am-5:30 pm. One Saturday a month and two late nights per month not to exceed 7:30 pm. Must have flexibility to meet the needs of the program.
Required Master's Degree in Human Services field; 2 years of experience working with homeless, substance abuse, or mental health issues. Candidates with a Social Work degree must be licensed to practice.
Preferred: A Master's Degree in Human Services, LGSW or LPC as certified by the District of Columbia's Department of Mental Health. 2+ years of experience working with co-occurring disorders, with elderly populations, the medically fragile and people with disabilities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to learn and utilize Motivational Interviewing.
- Understanding of issues of trauma and mental health especially in times of crisis.
- Ability to perform and complete an accurate resident assessment and effectively document residents progress towards.
- Ability to educate and teach residents how to access and utilize community resources.
- Ability to set professional boundaries
- Case Management: Provide on-going case management and demonstrate a strong commitment to customer service. Collaborate process and assess for options and services to meet the individual needs or the residents.
- Community Development: Assist the team with the development of educational groups and coordinate events for residents. Promote and market events to ensure attendance for all activities and initiatives.
- Program Administration: Participate in the resident intake process and develop orientation.
- Leadership: In conjunction with the Program Manager, develop resources to educate staff on issues: mental health, addiction, recovery, HIV, death, and other areas.
Reports to: Program Manager
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
SOME recognizes that our employees are our greatest assets. Our competitive rewards package is designed to attract and retain our talented employees. Our health insurance benefits are for full-time active employees and eligible dependents.
- Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short and long-term disability at no cost to the employee
- Employee life insurance at no cost to the employee
- Voluntary life insurance
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Go to our career page at http://www.some.org/about_jobs.html and click on the search icon to locate this
position. Follow the instructions to complete your on-line application profile to be considered. No phone calls please.
SOME, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, or liability for service in the Armed forces of the United States. SOME, Inc. is also a Drug Free Workplace.