District of Columbia
Do you want to work at the intersection of politics, citizen activism, and fundraising? Are you interested in a rapidly expanding organization that is changing the way people think and talk about democracy?
We seek an experienced development professional to help us expand our political and organizational footprint. The ideal candidate will have a background in fundraising as well as politics, democracy reform, or both. He or she will help shape the donor experience for more than 100,000 Common Cause members. The position will manage several concurrent direct response fundraising projects across multiple channels and help design strategies that engage our members and secure reliable funding for organizational activities.
The ideal candidate is highly skilled at project management, familiar with direct mail production and print processes, and has at least five years’ experience in non-profit fundraising.
- Maintain production schedules for direct mail and telemarketing campaigns.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Monitor campaign performance.
- Develop content management procedures.
- Coordinate inter - and intra - departmental fundraising and cultivation communications.
- Maintain project budgets.
- Review copy and art for substance and accuracy.
- Manage telemarketing campaigns, including call monitoring and caller briefings.
- Oversee quality control procedures.
- Identify opportunities for improved practices and procedures.
- Work closely with Database Manager to establish reliable data hygiene procedures.
- Engage with members as needed to provide top-quality customer service.
- Other related duties as necessary and requested.
- Innovative, proactive, and persistent.
- Minimum of 5 years primarily working with direct mail and non-profit fundraising.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Eager to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, team-oriented, and goal-driven environment.
- Outgoing and positive attitude.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of InDesign and other Adobe products preferred.
- Experience using the CRM ROI preferred; candidates with a strong background with a similar CRM such as the online version of Raiser’s Edge or other popular CRMs will be considered.
- Graphic design experience is a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter to Director of Human Resources at hr (at) commoncause.org and include MEMBERSHIP MANAGER in the subject line; or fax to 202.355.7546 No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to respond as soon as possible. Minorities are encouraged to apply.
About Common Cause:
Common Cause is a nonpartisan, grassroots organization dedicated to restoring core values of American Democracy, reinventing an open, honest, and accountable government that works for the public interest, and empowering ordinary people to make their voices heard.
Founded 48 years ago, Common Cause has 1.1 million members and supporters, and chapters in 30 states around the country. At the national and state level, Common Cause is actively engaged in defending and advancing the core values of our democracy, which include politics not dominated by money, full access to voting and fair elections, economic opportunity for all, an ethical and accountable government, and an open and democratic media. More information can be found at: www.commoncause.org.
Common Cause is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, creed, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, party or political affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any illegal or prohibited factor.