20 West 36th Street
New York City
Eye Surgical Simulator
I. THE HELPMESEE MISSION
HelpMeSee was founded in 2010 with the goal of making the miracle of sight possible for every blind child and adult in the world, regardless of where they live or how poor they may be. Our goal is to deliver very low-cost, high-quality Manual Small Incision Cataract Surgery (MSICS) to millions of adults and children in the developing world who have cataracts – giving them back not only their sight but their independence.
HelpMeSee is pursuing our ambitious goal of eliminating blindness due to cataract worldwide by training tens of thousands of MSICS specialists in developing countries through the use of a high-fidelity simulator and sophisticated courseware, as well as collaborating with existing MSICS specialists who already perform this procedure in their communities. With our local partners, HelpMeSee is committed to saving the sight of millions.
II. JOB SUMMARY
This position focuses on the HelpMeSee Eye Surgery simulator installation and maintenance. This individual who will be recruited for this position. In addition, this position supports technical requirements for simulator demonstrations.
The Simulator Maintenance Technician will be responsible for implementation of standard procedures for day to day upkeep, preventive maintenance, operational maintenance, technical support that includes complex troubleshooting using technical manuals and replacement of modular components for fixing issues, performance of periodic software updates in coordination with new simulator hardware and software releases and inventory management.
The Simulator Maintenance Technician will directly work with the assigned simulator owner. The position will be based out of New York City.
- HelpMeSee Inc Simulators:
- Ensure acceptable uptime for simulator and simulator network in the HelpMeSee Headquarters with the intent of supporting the establishment of a benchmark.
- Follow the standard operational and maintenance system procedures for simulator, simulator network and associated systems
- Extend support for simulators and systems at the sites assigned
- technical support
- report and resolve operational issues that can be fixed with troubleshooting and modular components (LRU – Line Replaceable Units) replacement
- maintain inventory of spares
- enter and update maintenance records
- provide end user support – general simulator and associated systems operational support
- Interface with various vendors/suppliers as necessary
- Interface with other interdependent functions within HelpMeSee as necessary
- Simulator Placement Locations
· Support the setup of new simulators
- Support the identification/cross training of other simulator technicians
- Share knowledge and possibly train newly hired simulator technicians
- Support for simulator demonstrations
- Provide support in terms of packaging, shipment, installation and associated technical support for simulators during promotional events, exhibitions and conferences.
- Typically requires 2 to 4 years of related experience in electronics, engineering, flight/medical/surgical simulation, or other such simulation systems. Directly related experience in virtual reality medical simulation desirable.
- Moderate software skills, like installing software, operating a Linux system, networking, etc.
- Basic mechanic skills, like using tools as Allen keys, screwdrivers, caliper, etc.
- Basic electronic skills, like using a multimeter, replacing connectors, etc.
- Able to read and follow documented maintenance procedures
- Proficient at structured problem-solving techniques
- Preferably able to review, mark-up and improve existing (draft) maintenance procedures
- The maintenance engineer needs to be qualified to do the simulator maintenance by following maintenance technician training.
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Technical skills and background required to operate, maintain and diagnose simulator and related technical issues.
- Skilled at utilizing test and support equipment associated with the maintenance, troubleshooting and testing of the simulator systems.
- Ability to interpret graphics of technical software, wiring diagrams and technical documentation; and ability to evaluate, isolate and repair malfunctions (tool kit and manual will be provided).
- Setup and configure computer networks, firewalls, storage and associated network equipment.
- Operate PC and/or compatible computer with printer, various standard office equipment.
- Use at a proficient level: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Database: MS Access, preferred.
- Physically fit to lift weight, move, bend and good visual and auditory senses as required for the job.
- Must be familiar with the ISO 9001 or other such quality systems.
- Must exhibit high performance and capability to work in a global team environment
Start date: Immediatley
Education requirements: Technical school graduate in electronics or engineering required.
Employment type: Full-Time Extensive travel, both domestic and international may be required for 20-30% of time
Location: New York Office
IV. HOW TO APPLY
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
with the email subject heading as follows: “HelpMeSee Eye Surgical Simulator Maintenance Technician”. Please include minimum salary expectations.
*Candidates should be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
HelpMeSee, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status or any other status protected by law. HelpMeSee, Inc. will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Minimum Education Required