The Grant Accountant is responsible for consolidating all aspects of financial budgeting, reporting, and analysis on foundation and government grants. This includes ensuring financial reports comply with Episcopal Relief & Development internal policies and procedures as well as donor regulations. The position will spearhead several functional areas including, but not limited to: budget proposal preparation and processing; forecast modeling and tracking of expenditures against models; pre and post-award financial administration; and cost analysis. S/He must be able to provide compliance and finance support and liaise with finance, operations, and program staff working in support of partners throughout the world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
· Support preparation of projects’ funding proposals: coordinating the grant budgeting process and finalizing
· Prepare budget forecasts, revisions, and cost analysis as needed on foundation and government grant funded
· Track and determine financial status by analyzing actual results in comparison with budgets and forecasts
· Assemble and summarize data to structure sophisticated reports on financial status and risks, keeping project
teams and management apprised of findings
· Support process improvement and procedure development initiatives that impact the function of the above
· Consult with senior management to inform long term and strategic decision-making influenced by tracking trends
in expenses and cost drivers
· Ensure compliance with funders’ financial requirements, managing deliverables, including input and review of
financial data in relevant donor data systems as required
· Perform related work as required
· Finance Department
· Operations Team
· International Programs Department
· A Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or relevant field
· At least five years of experience with financial management of grants with international development programs,
foundations, and multilateral institutions
· Experience with Blackbaud’s Financial Edge general ledger software a plus
· Strong skills in financial budgeting, analysis and reporting, including in multi-currency operating environment
· Strong data collection, problem-solving and analytic skills
· Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office and financial software applications
· Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills
· Ability to juggle and meet competing priorities, demanding deadlines and work under pressure with complex
· Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, leadership, and ethical management
· High level of integrity and commitment to professional responsibilities
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (including Physical Demands):
· Experience working in developing countries, with local resource constrained partners, and/or working in a
resource-limited setting a plus
Competitive benefit package offered.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate Grant Accountant in the subject line. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. For more information, please visit our website at www.episcopalrelief.org.
* Episcopal Relief & Development provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Episcopal Relief & Development offers reasonable accommodations in the hiring and employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.