1368 Fulton Street
The Accounting Manager is responsible for the day-to-day accounting transactions and management, as well as general ledger accounting and management for Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Corporation and its affiliated companies.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Must be competent and able to perform, train and direct staff in all aspects of the day-to-day processing functions to include accounts payable, cash disbursements, payroll, accounts receivable, cash receipts and records management; reviews and posts journal entries; reviews intercompany transactions and ensures that intercompany accounts are in balance; ensures that misclassifications and mispostings are corrected within the established time lines.
- Preforms all aspects of general ledger accounting and maintenance to ensure the accounts reflects the proper and accurate account classification and treatment of accounting transactions; reviews and reconcile intercompany and interfund accounts and prepares the intercompany and interfund year-end matrix; Manages utilities, lease, pension, insurance, mortgages, loans, notes, real estate and corporate tax transactions.
- Preforms month-end and year-end closing process, including bank reconciliations, accruals, deferrals, and prepaids; ensures the proper timing and recognition of revenue and expenses.
- Participates in the audit process as assigned; participates in investigating and resolving open audit items; providing responses to questions and issues as they arise.
- Assists the financial management officers in the officers in the timely preparation of accurate, complete and reliable, interim financial statements; reviewing and ensuring audited financial statements and notes to the financial statements are accurately prepared, including Federal Awards Schedule.
- Ensure that accounting practices and procedures are in-line with US GAAP; established internal controls guidelines are adhered to; accounting records and files are maintained in accordance with GAAP, contractual, and legal obligations.
Minimum Skills Set:
- Self-directed, solutions-oriented, multi-tasker, with strong communications and organizational skills; Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines and adapt at managing peak work periods, and changing circumstances; Tenacious in meeting deadlines and willingness to work late and on weekends, if necessary, to meet reporting and audit deadlines; Ability to work collaboratively across departments/programs and be responsive to internal and external inquires.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 4 to 8 years progressive accounting management experience, with at least 4 years in the capacity of Accounting Manager or similar position, with a nonprofit and/or governmental agency with a
$10 million plus operating budget.
- Bachelor's or Master's in Accounting required. CPA a plus;
- Experience in preparing GAAP financial statements, notes to the financial statements, and consolidations; Experience in preparing Single Audit reports and Federal Awards Schedule.
- Experience with computerized accounting software, including Financial Edge, and MS Office.
- Experience with Excel Spreadsheets and Powerpoint.
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
Accrued time includes Vacation, Sick, and Personal Days
403(b) Plan offerings
Minimum Education Required