ABOUT COLOR OF CHANGE
Color Of Change (COC) is the nation’s largest online racial justice organization. We help people respond effectively to injustice in the world around us. As a national online force driven by over 1.7 million members, we move decision-makers in corporations and government to create a more humane and less hostile world for Black people in America. We move members from analysis to action on crucial issues so that we can build the Black political power necessary to transform the written and unwritten rules of society. Color Of Change was founded in 2005 in response to the realization that during the crisis caused by Hurricane Katrina, as Black people were left stranded on their roofs to die, no one was afraid to disappoint Black people. When the government, media, corporations, and other decision-makers are not afraid to disappoint Black people, Black communities are negatively impacted and cannot move forward.
The Development Team of Color of Change (COC) ensures there are sufficient resources for COC to remain a powerful influencer across broad segments of the progressive movement. We are creative and passionate professionals committed to excellence in the pursuit of Color of Change’s mission. We are committed to racial equity in America and building an effective, unapologetic, and unrelenting opposition-- built to win media wars and win back hearts and minds; block destructive policies from taking effect; mobilize missions of people to define the majority, and ultimately govern the country. We do this by driving CoC’s resource development strategy and infrastructure, to advance the Color of Change mission.
Color of Change seeks an Individual Donor Associate (IDA) to serve as a key member of a development team that is helping to expand relationships with individuals and foundations. Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Individual Giving, the IDA will support Color of Change’s fundraising plans for sustaining and growing relationships with individual donors across our c3, c4, and PAC.
- Ensure individual giving and interactions are accurately and regularly stored in donor databases and acknowledgment letters are generated in a timely manner.
- Provide support for ongoing donor research and prospecting as directed by the Sr. Manager of Individual Giving.
- Works closely with the Dir. of Individual Giving and the Sr. Manager of Individual Giving to implement and support a call time program.
- Responsible for preparing call sheets/donor profiles prior to call time and donor meetings.
- Coordinate and implement logistics for all donor mailings as directed by the Sr. Manager of Individual Giving.
- Help support the Sr. Manager with all individual donor events.
- Responsible for scheduling individual donor meetings as predetermined by the Director of Individual Giving.
- Responsible for preparing individual donor profile packets, updating donor profiles, and donor meeting materials for meeting preparation.
- Track follow up from donor meetings are ensure completion in a timely manner
- Responsible for updating the CRM with notes and next steps.
- Maintain an Individual Donor team calendar that will help the team plan and prepare for year-round cultivation and stewardship opportunities.
Support other projects as needed.
We’re Looking For Someone Who Is:
- A Relationship Builder. You are genuinely curious about new people and possess strong listening skills. You like learning what motivates people, what inspires their generosity, and makes them feel appreciated. You have the ability to initiate, organize, and manage projects, and to interface successfully with colleagues in a collaborative approach.
- Persistent and Optimistic. You are intrinsically motivated and undaunted by ambitious goals. You have the creativity and tenacity to find your way around a “no” answer to a more productive “not right now,” “maybe,” or best yet, “yes.”
- Exceptional in Communicating Verbally and in Writing- Demonstrated ability to write and edit persuasive materials including successful appeals, proposals, stewardship materials, and other collateral. You have excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
- Intentional- Your working style is about creating order and planning ahead. You are a strategic thinker who always has their end goal in sight – asking for and closing gifts. You are skilled at keeping yourself on track with a portfolio of donors and are highly organized.
- An Organizational Maven- You can manage across multiple work streams and functions, keeping deadlines and managing complexity by simplifying solutions, systems, and processes with clarity and attention to detail. You have the ability to efficiently initiate and complete multiple tasks on time.
- Adaptable and Flexible- You can handle any curveball, and in fact, you expect them. You can meet deadlines and manage competing priorities. Additionally, you are strategic and have the ability to pivot quickly as priorities shift and the team continues to take shape. You can and are willing to travel if needed.
What You Will Need:
- Professional Experience: You have 2-4 years of professional experience, with a proven track record in initiating, stewarding, and moving individual gifts to higher levels of support. You have deep knowledge of the major giving and the types of prospects that suit it. Experience soliciting planned gifts preferred.
- The Ability to Execute on Fundraising Plans and Strategies That Generate Significant Results. You regularly use data to drive decision-making and reflect on your rigorous and donor-centered plans for sustaining and growing your donor base and revenue. You have strong prospect research skills and a solid understanding of moves management.
- Mission Alignment: You have enthusiasm, familiarity, and demonstrated alignment with Color of Change’s mission and campaigns and also a commitment to building/ deepening your commitment to racial justice. You are steadfast in your support of COC’s long-term sustainability and are committed to a career with impact.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should click the "Apply for this position" link and submit a resume and cover letter.
The salary for the Individual Donor Associate is $62,000. Color of Change offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including generous vacation and holiday schedules and medical, dental, and disability insurances.
Color Of Change is an equal opportunity employer. Color Of Change prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic characteristics, disability, status as a special disabled veteran or veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity or any other basis prohibited by law.