208 Flynn Avenue, Suite 3J
Seeking supervisor to provide support services to adults in psychiatric, emotional, and/or substance crisis in a variety of settings, including crisis stabilization beds. This position monitors clients well-being, and helps clients in their process of stabilization and to achieve their highest level of functioning.
- Direct intervention with clients who are in the program, providing supportive counseling, observation, help with activities of daily living.
- Work with clients to develop coping strategies, problem solving skills, wellness recovery action plans, relapse prevention plans, and referrals for ongoing care and/or follow up.
- Counting, recording and maintaining records for all controlled substances stored at ASSIST.
- Oversee training program and onboarding. Schedule and conduct training with new hires, assess trainee competencies for "minimum required training" to begin working shifts. Report progress to Program Coordinator on all trainees/reviewees periodically through report.
- Supervision of Sub-Clinician, ASSIST staff as deemed appropriate by the ASSIST Program Coordinator.
- Completion of clinical records, time sheets and administrative reports, assuring that all regulatory and program requirements are met. Obtain insurance authorizations as needed.
- Case coordination, consultation and follow up with families, providers and the community; daily utilization review and/or rounds to assure quality and continuity of care.
- Master's degree
- Ability to deal effectively with crisis situations; engagement skills; basic counseling skills, computer literacy.
- Degree in Mental Health field
- Ability to use past experiences of clinical cases to deal effectively with crisis (2 years)
- Full-time (37.5/hours)
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families
- Delta dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service)
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial incentive
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit www.howardcentercareers.org to apply for this position.