1425 5th Street
Responsible for all aspects of initial training and orientation of Corpsmembers, Conservation Interns and new JTC staff. Responsible for implementing the JTC training curriculum.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Direct Supervisor for all new Supervisors for first 6-months on job. Complete training and 6-month evaluation prior to transition of supervision to Job Training Manager.
· Direct Supervisor for Jesuit Volunteer for entire year of service. Complete training and evaluations as necessary. Participate in interviews and feedback with Jesuit Volunteer Corps.
· Supervise Corpsmembers during the one-week orientation phase.
· Responsible for the coordination and successful completion of the orientation crew's work and/or community service projects.
· Establish performance expectations, review and evaluate performance, provide written and verbal evaluation of assignments, and tracks behavior and attendance of Corpsmembers during the orientation phase.
· Determine appropriate material and equipment for proposed orientation projects.
· Responsible for the maintenance, distribution, monitoring, and security of assigned equipment and supplies for orientation crew.
· Work closely with Corpsmember Recruiter and Academy staff in the development and implementation of the orientation curriculum.
· Work with Corpsmembers and JTC staff to ensure a smooth transition between orientation crew and regular crew assignments.
Recruitment and Transitions:
· Oversee recruitment and hiring of Conservation Interns
· Work with JTC lead staff to ensure Corpsmembers are properly insured, outfitted and prepared for their first project and crew assignments.
Certifications and Training:
· Implement, coordinate, and facilitate Corpsmember training/certification program
· Design, develop, implement and monitor Crew Leader training program
· Collaborate with Academy staff to develop and design life skills and other trainings that build Corpsmember job skills
· Develop and implement curriculum for Supervisor Orientation and Tool Certification training
· Work with JTC lead staff to identify areas of training that support Supervisor roles/responsibilities.
· Ensure processes are in place and communication is clear regarding training expectations and curriculum outcomes
· Be part of overall Corpsmember program education plan through cross-program training and collaboration
Directly supervises Corpsmembers during the orientation and carries out supervisory responsibilities for JTC staff as directed by the Deputy Director and JTC manager. Also, performs supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of and ability to teach team player skills.
Technical knowledge of projects such as landscaping, resource management, erosion control, revegetation, fire prevention, trail building and repair, building renovation, and recycling.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Familiarity with word processing.
Ability to teach safe and proper use of equipment and hand and power tools.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Class B California Drivers License
First Aid/CPR Certificate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Civicorps has a culture of caring for each other, personally and professionally. We enjoy a working environment that includes on-going staff activities, numerous health and wellness programs, employee recognition programs, and much more.
Civicorps offers a competitive employee benefits package including:
· Health Plan Options, including mental health care
· Dental and Vision
· Employer Paid Long Term Disability
· Life, Accidental Death/Dismemberment Insurance
· Health and Wellness Activities
· Paid Time Off, with additional paid winter leave
· 403(b) and ROTH retirement plans with generous company match
· Flexible Spending Account for Health/Child Care
· Professional Development
· Free Parking (close to BART and Jack London Square)
Level of Language Proficiency
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Also is capable to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manual and effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HIRING PROCESS: Please provide a cover letter, resume or CV. Application materials that do not reference this specific position will not be considered. No Phone Calls Please.
For More Information:
Visit the Civicorps website: http://www.cvcorps.org/about-civicorps/job-opportunities/