Details: Commensurate with experience
515 Valley Road Suite 6
StrongMinds (www.strongminds.org) is a dynamic and fast growing 501(c)(3) social enterprise based in Maplewood, N.J, that focuses on one of the most underserved populations and one of the most pervasive mental illnesses in the world -- depression. StrongMinds is rapidly scaling a cost-effective model to treat depression among women in Africa, where access to mental health treatment is extremely limited. Our goal is to treat 2 million depressed African women by the end of 2025. We are the only organization scaling a solution to depression in Africa with a potential to serve millions of people in the next ten years.
StrongMinds has earned an impressive reputation in the global mental health space. In addition to media coverage in New York Times and Foreign Affairs, we are partnered with Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) following our selection in the MIT Solve Global Challenge for Brain Health. We have received numerous fellowships including those from the Cordes Foundation, Rainer Arnhold Fellows and SOCAP. The UK organization Founder’s Pledge has described StrongMinds as the most cost-effective mental health organization working in the developing world. We are also proud to be a founding partner of citiesRISE, the new global mental health movement.
StrongMinds is seeking an experienced and motivated Marketing and Communications Manager to work closely with the Executive Director (ED) on a wide range of exciting areas as the organization is experiencing a substantial level of growth.
The Marketing and Communications Manager will execute StrongMinds’ marketing and communications strategy with hands-on management of activities that help to elevate StrongMinds as a thought leader in global mental health. Key initiatives will include: creating marketing collateral for programs and events, engaging in public relations and branding activities, and managing the organization’s web site and social media functions.
- Marketing Collateral and Staff Materials
- Create and oversee the production of high-quality marketing collateral and staff materials.
- Projects include: annual report, quarterly report, fundraising newsletter, informational one-pagers, infographics, PowerPoint presentations for staff, and StrongMinds Toolkit.
- Social Media/Web Site
- Maintain social media/web site policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all laws and privacy best practices.
- Create content for and maintain the StrongMinds’ web site as well as our presence on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram in line with the marketing and communications strategy.
- Analyze performance metrics and modify administration to maximize impact/reach.
- Public Relations/Publicity
- Serve as lead contact for media requests and coordinate responses.
- Write and distribute timely press releases.
- Publicize major events and activities including ED speaking engagements.
- Help draft scripts and talking points for events and donor presentations.
- Content Library
- Organize and maintain marketing/communications materials to include photos, articles, and press clippings.
- Maintain a database of media contacts.
- Network Building
- Cultivate relationships with stakeholders including media, advocacy organizations, and StrongMinds’ supporters.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to raise awareness of the impact of depression, depression treatment and the mission of StrongMinds.
- Work closely with fundraising and program staff to help them meet their objectives.
- Meet regularly with external marketing and communications strategy consultant to revise strategy and planning as warranted.
- Source external resources as needed including graphic designers, photographers/videographers, web developers, promotional material providers and printers.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations or relevant discipline with 5 years of demonstrated experience in the field or a related area.
- Experience with planning, writing, editing, and production of newsletters, marketing literature, event collateral, public relations pieces.
- Proven track record of effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated success integrating and leveraging social media.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and WordPress.
- Organized and detail-orientated.
- Able to work independently.
Flexible team player able to work
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a thoughtful and brief cover letter and resume to Susan Ryan, Administrative Assistant, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include Marketing & Communications Manager, please, in the subject line.
StrongMinds offers competitive salary/benefits and is an equal opportunity employer.