Details: Commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus excellent health and welfare benefits, 403b retirement plan, flexible spending account (FSA), flexible work location/schedule, and generous paid time off.
350 Twin Dolphin Dr
Rocketship Public Schools (www.rsed.org) is a network of public K through 5 charter schools serving primarily low-income students in neighborhoods where access to excellent schools is limited. Using a blend of traditional instruction, adaptive technology and targeted tutoring, Rocketship strives to meet the unique needs of each and every student. But we believe that truly transformative schools do more than education students; they empower teachers, engage parents and inspire communities. Together, we can eliminate the achievement gap in our lifetime.
Rocketship schools are located in the Bay Area, Nashville, Milwaukee, and Washington, DC but we realize the achievement gap stretches across the nation. We’re opening new schools every year to help reach the millions of students striving in underperforming schools every day.
The Director is a full-time, exempt position, reporting to the CFO. The Director will be
responsible for leading the analysis and communication of financial data across the organization to support in budgeting, forecasting, reporting and long-term strategic planning.
● Perform and lead in-depth financial analyses, build and maintain detailed growth and
strategic models, and develop fact-based recommendations to help make informed
● Optimize the FP&A process, reporting and system functionality, identifying and
● Lead and mentor a team of Finance professionals
● Analyze and review monthly variance results and quarterly forecasts across multiple
corporate entities and consolidations, in close partnership with Accounting leadership
● Partner with cross functional business leaders to establish budgets, build forecasts and communicate results
● Support the preparation of financial reports and presentations for internal and external
audiences (i.e. Authorizers, Senior Leadership, Board Members, Budget Managers, etc)
● Commitment and passion for Rocketship’s mission, vision, and goals
● 10 years experience in financial analysis, forecasting and planning
● Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA preferred
● Experience mentoring and leading finance team members
● Strong understanding of, and experience with, accounting principles and financial
● Ability to creatively translate large amounts of data into useful information and actionable conclusions
● Advanced Excel and modeling skills essential
● Significant experience modeling and forecasting with Adaptive Insights or other Business Intelligence tools
● Experience with accounting systems, such as Intacct, SAP, Netsuite
● Ability to partner cross-functionally, through strong relationship building
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Highest level of integrity and good judgment; comfortable working under pressure with a service-oriented, positive attitude
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and communicate with both adults and children. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally climb ladders. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high.
● This role is primarily based out of our Redwood City, CA national office
● Periodic travel around the Bay Area may be required to visit schools and San Jose
regional office, but is estimated to be less than 5%
● Flexible remote work location offered up to two days per week
Commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus excellent health and welfare benefits, 403b retirement plan, flexible spending account (FSA), flexible work location/schedule, and generous paid time off. Salary range: $125,000 - $145,000
How to apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your online application and resume via our website.
Rocketship Public Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Rocketship Public Schools complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Rocketship Public Schools expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rocketship Public Schools’ employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated. Click here for our Sexual Harassment Policy and here for our Title IX Policy. For questions, concerns, or complaints, please contact Equity/Discrimination Title IX Compliance Officer, Kenzie Kilb. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Address: 350 Twin Dolphin Drive, Suite 109, Redwood City, CA 94065. Phone: 877-806-0920 ext. 115.
- Our comprehensive benefits package includes excellent health and welfare benefits, 403b retirement plan, flexible spending account (FSA), cell phone reimbursement and paid time off.
- Flexible remote work location offered up to two days per week
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Visit this link to submit your online application: