2001 Bryan Point
Alice Ferguson Foundation
Director of Development
About The Alice Ferguson Foundation
The Alice Ferguson Foundation is a nonprofit environmental organization whose mission is to foster environmentally responsible behavior and protect and preserve the rural character of Hard Bargain Farm.
Our team of educators teaches almost 10,000 students annually at our 350-acre working farm on the Potomac River. We also manage an off-site program with the National Park Service for high school students in the DC area for hands-on science experiences in national parks. We currently have a staff of 48 full and part time staff based at Hard Bargain Farm. The position of Director of Development is located at Hard Bargain Farm in Accokeek, Maryland, located on the Potomac River, ten miles south of the beltway, and will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
Responsibilities of the Director of Development include:
- Lead all aspects of a diverse fundraising operation to generate revenue for operating and capital budgets.
- Strategically refine, update and manage the Foundation’s development plan; assist with annual organizational budgeting process and revenue goal tracking
- Develop and lead general fundraising strategy, including research, outreach, cultivation, and solicitation among individual, corporate, and foundation donors
- Lead collaboration between Program and Development teams for researching, identifying, developing, writing, submitting and managing grants
- Lead team efforts to identify, develop, and maintain a targeted funder list and grants calendar to ensure a comprehensive and coordinated approach to revenue generation
- Lead final phase of capital campaign strategy, including strong coordination with general appeal efforts
- Develop and lead general donor stewardship strategy to increase donor engagement
- Support board members and other volunteer fundraisers in all aspects of donor prospecting, outreach, cultivation and solicitation
- A minimum of three years (preferably more) of nonprofit fund raising experience, with a proven track record in foundation grant writing, corporate sponsorships and special events.
- Bachelor’s degree (at least) in relevant field.
- Excellent writing, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team in a busy environment.
Please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Alice Ferguson Foundation offers a full benefits package.
Minimum Education Required