The Archdiocese of Baltimore seeks an Associate to the Vicar Bishop. The primary responsibility for this position is to assist the Bishop in fulfilling his pastoral and administrative responsibilities to the Archbishop and to the clergy, religious and laity of the vicariate. In this role, you will encourage collegiality, communication, and collaboration at all levels and advocate for personnel in the vicariate.
Essential functions and qualifications:
The ideal candidate will serve a variety of functions, including, but not limited to:
• Assisting the Vicar in the service to parishes and institutions by developing and implementing, with the Bishop, a schedule and process for pastoral visits
• Providing staff services to the Vicar at area clergy meetings and to represent him in his absence
• Initiating and coordinating the budgeting, programming, and evaluating activities of the Office of the Vicar
• Assisting in conflict management and resolution for parish-related concerns as directed by the Vicar
• Other duties as assigned by the Vicar
To be considered for this critical role, the successful candidate must possess the following characteristics:
- Be a practicing Catholic, fully able to partake in all of the sacraments of the Church
- Master's degree or equivalent in a field such as Theology, Pastoral Ministry, Ecclesiology, or Community Development
- Previous professional administrative experience is a plus, with a preference for those who performed that work in a Church-related field.
- Be a strong writer and possess demonstrable facilitation skills
- Have direct knowledge of the Archdiocese of Baltimore
- Possess the ability to travel on a periodic basis throughout the Archdiocese
Minimum Education Required