Details: Salary $42k + doe.
636 Broadway, 4th Floor
Esperanza is an innovative alternative to incarceration program that seeks to reduce the number of young people who are placed outside of their homes, either through a delinquency case in family court or via an adult court criminal case. Esperanza staff work with youth and their families in their own homes and communities, providing direct counseling services, helping to set short- and long-term goals, and facilitating connections to schools and other community-based organizations to assist youth and caregivers in establishing longer-term supportive networks. Esperanza is seeking an extremely detail-oriented, focused individual to act as the Program Associate. The Program Associate supports case and court related functions and provides administrative support to staff.
- Copyedit and proofread client progress reports, ensuring correct grammar, punctuation and spelling;
- Consult with Therapists and Clinical Supervisors to ensure that reports contain all required information and are written with both clarity and client confidentiality in mind;
- Submit online documents in order to open client’s cases in Connections, the reporting database of the Office of Children and Family Services;
- Create and maintain all staff members’ online credentials for Connections
- Teach new staff members the style and structure of Family Assessment and Service Plans, and how to complete these documents in Connections
- Act as a liaison to the Administration of Children’s Services on all matters related to case openings and closures, as well as transfers from other service providers;
- Create monthly reports on case openings and closings for the Department of Probation
· Bachelor’s degree required; related work experience also desirable
· Must have strong written and oral communication skills
· Must demonstrate keen attention to detail and excellent time management skills
· Must have ability to multi-task
· Experience with Connections preferred, not required
· Experience with Excel and Outlook preferred
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Experience with court-involved youth and/or in community-based organizations
Excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and 401k benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position send a cover letter and resume to:
Esperanza NY, Inc.
636 Broadway, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10012
Fax: (212) 964-5566
No telephone calls, please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Esperanza NY, Inc. values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.