Details: Starting salary commensurate with experience.
186 Alewife Brook Parkway
The Metro North Regional Employment Board (REB) is a public-private partnership whose mission is to enable area residents to gain skills that will maximize their economic self-sufficiency and to provide employers with the workforce they need to effectively compete in the changing world economy. The Metro North REB is located in Cambridge, MA. To learn more, visit www.mnreb.org.
Reporting to the Youth Programs Manager, the Youth Programs Specialist works as an active and integral member of the Metro North REB youth department. The Youth Programs Specialist provides case management, career awareness, and employment services to youth in the Metro North region. There are three (3) Youth Programs Specialist positions available. At least one of the three positions requires English/Spanish bilingual skills.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Work with youth, both individually and in groups, to develop job preparation skills, such as labor market research, resume writing, and interviewing skills.
• Develop partnerships with employers to secure internship and employment opportunities for youth.
• Facilitate workshops to various audiences including schools, vendors, and youth groups. Topics may include work readiness, leadership, life skills, and other career-related skills.
• Conduct intake and assessment interviews with referred youth. Maintain ongoing contact with program participants and monitor progress toward completion of program requirements, providing individualized support as needed, including resource and referrals.
• Maintain timely and accurate records, case files and database entries.
• Assist schools and/or educational partners in the identification of employer sites for student internships, student job shadows, and teacher externships.
• Assist the Youth Programs Manager in preparing quarterly reports.
• Attend all meetings deemed necessary by the Youth Programs Manager.
• Organize conferences, workshops, and events, in collaboration with school and community partners.
• The ability to travel, mostly within state.
Education/Experience: Combination of education and experience demonstrating sufficient competency to fulfill position duties and responsibilities. Prior experience working with youth required. Workforce development experience a plus. Bachelor’s degree a plus.
Skills/Qualities: Creative, forward-thinking, problem-solver with relationship-building skills as well as technical skills such as data entry. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral required. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to take initiative required. Multilingual strongly preferred.
Excellent benefits including health care, dental, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 403(b) plan, holiday, sick and vacation time.
Level of Language Proficiency
There are three (3) Youth Programs Specialist positions available. At least one of the three positions requires English/Spanish bilingual skills.
Minimum Education Required