New South Wales
- Part Time 0.4FTE position
- 12 month contract
- Immediate start
OIC Cambodia, rated one of the top 500 NGOs in the world according to NGO Advisor since 2016, is growing speech therapy services in Cambodia and helping those with communication and swallowing difficulties.
Founded by Australian Weh Yeoh, we launched in 2013 to start the country’s first program in bringing speech therapy to Cambodia for the estimated more than 600,000 people with communication and swallowing difficulties.
Our end goal is to have 100 university qualified Cambodian Speech Therapists integrated into the public sector in Cambodia, after which OIC will exit Cambodia.
Day Without Speech, launched in February 2016, is OIC’s crucial awareness and fundraising program in Australia. Since inception it has raised close to $100,000 and has primarily been volunteer run. Through Day Without Speech, children in schools and professionals in workplaces give up talking for part of the day. They experience what it’s like to have a communication difficulty, ask their family and friends to sponsor them, and raise funds for OIC Cambodia. In Australia, we organise volunteers, typically speech therapy students, to go into schools to debrief with students after this experience.
The purpose of this position is to grow Day Without Speech within Australian schools and workplaces, and to maintain regular donor relationships in Australia.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Enlist new schools and workplaces
- Oversee implementation of Day Without Speech
- Standardising and professionalising processes and assets
- Ensure sustainability of Day Without Speech
- Maintain and grow Australia’s regular donor base
- Project, event or campaign management skills
- Understanding of multi stakeholder environments, and able to create win-win situations for all
- Basic computer software knowledge: Microsoft Word, Excel, Email, Mailchimp
- Experience with managing staff or volunteers
- Easy-going, flexible and happy to be part of a team
- A keen interest in learning and skills improvement, combined with humility to recognise that many answers are unknown
- More interested in the outcomes of the project than personal gain
- Works to the highest standard of quality possible, and is committed to transparency
- Previous fundraising experience is an asset, but not an essential
- Experience working in the disability sector
- Experience working within a small startup environment similar to OIC
- Direct mentoring and coaching with OIC’s Founder, Weh Yeoh.
- Skill development and mentoring access to a panel of advisors with decades of experience in speech therapy, international development, project management, fundraising, communications, working with disability, and more
- Able to see the successful implementation of a highly promising program, which is addressing one of the biggest gaps in basic health care within Cambodia
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent English is required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this role, please send your application to email@example.com, using the subject line:Day Without Speech Campaign Lead application via Idealist and including:
- Cover letter addressing selection criteria (must be no more than 2 pages long)
Incomplete applications will not considered.