Assistant Manager for Development, Management, and Programming
- Job posted by Mount Vernon Place Conservancy
699 Washington Place
The Mount Vernon Place Conservancy, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, was founded in 2008. Its mission is to restore, maintain, and manage the Washington Monument and the squares of Mount Vernon Place, the centerpiece of a National Historic Landmark District, with the goal of making them world-class attractions. With a partnership in place with the City of Baltimore (2012), the Conservancy embarked upon the first phase of its restoration Master Plan, the restoration of the Washington Monument. The award-winning restoration was celebrated, and the Monument re-opened on its Bicentennial, July 4, 2015. At present the Conservancy is building its institutional capacity in order to embark on future phases of restoration. In addition to working towards a first phase of park restoration, the Conservancy as of 2019 will be presenting Flower Mart.
Perform general office management duties prioritizing and coordinating the day to day operations of the Mount Vernon Place Conservancy. Assist the Executive Director in supporting the critical information sharing, fundraising and park and monument management of the office. Understand the priorities and goals of the office to accurately maintain calendar, coordinate meetings, schedule appointments, resolve scheduling conflicts, and prioritize requests. Process, assess, prioritize, and respond to incoming mail, emails, and phone calls on behalf of the office, always maintaining a professional and warm public face. Maintain and acknowledge critical donor records in a timely fashion. Additional activities include but are not limited to the following:
· Assist the ED in grant/donor reporting.
· Work with the Treasurer and ED to administer MVPC operations, including payroll, expense management, procurement and contracts, according to specified administrative standards.
· Compile and disseminate newsletters and communications to stakeholders and community members.
· Arrange and support all activities in support of board and committee meetings.
· Serve as a business and information contact for MVPC operations, providing information and schedule information, purchase supplies, follow up on invoices etc. as needed.
· Serve as the point of contact for the City of Baltimore’s permitting office regarding MVPC review of permitted events in MVP.
· Develop the Conservancy’s roster of summer programming, and participate in Flower Mart planning and execution.
· Provide scheduling and logistics support for MVPC programming.
· Build and manage volunteer base.
· Support Washington monument staff as needed.
High School diploma/GED required. Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. Two (2) years of progressively responsible administration experience required. Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to interact professionally with staff, donors, board members, and individuals outside the institution by email, phone, and in person. Demonstrated business writing, proofreading, and editing required. Requires proficiency in the use of software applications (including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat) to accomplish assigned tasks. Ability to manage information in a database environment required. Position requires a demonstrated attention to detail and/or strong administrative organization skills, and ability to work independently. Proficiency with office hardware (personal computer, USB drives and printers) needed. Ability to sit for long periods and to stand, bend, etc. as needed.
Experience with fundraising software, online communication tools like Constant Contact, and data and/or data base tools like Microsoft Access, a plus.
Minimum Education Required