746 Panmure Road
Main Line Art Center seeks a dynamic, creative, confident and caring Camp Director for our thriving 11 week long summer art camp. The successful candidate should be highly organized, flexible, and adept at communicating effectively with campers ages 5-12, as well as camp parents, teaching artists, teen counsellors and administrative staff. Our 2019 camp schedule runs from June 10- August 23rd. You will join a growing and joyful camp community that regularly attracts exceptional teaching artists and enthusiastic campers, and you will have the opportunity to help shape the next chapter in our summer story.
· Oversee and ensure creative adherence to camp themes for K-4th grade camp, pre-teen studios and teen studios.
· Create class groupings based on enrollment and determine staffing needs based on classes while remaining adaptable to special requests.
· Interview and hire teen counsellors, develop training workshops, schedule and manage counsellors.
· Develop the teaching schedule, before and after care schedules for each camp session and arrange for substitutes when necessary.
· Refine camp policies and ensure that camp teaching artists and counsellors understand these policies and carry them out.
· Manage our booth at multiple camp fairs.
· Manage curriculum, ensuring that all teachers have submitted overviews of lessons before the start of each camp session.
· Oversee camp exhibitions and visiting artists each Friday during our weekly art party.
· Oversee daily camper pick-up and drop-off, as well as lunch-care.
· Communicate all supply needs to Studio Coordinator in a timely manner.
· Communicate with parents to address child behavioral or discipline issues as needed.
· Maintain master binders for child emergency & pick-up forms and alert camp and office staff of any special needs, dietary or health concerns.
· Organize pre-and post-camp teaching artist meetings and weekly camper evaluations to ensure continuous improvement.
· Assist staff in providing the highest level of customer service for parents and campers.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Applicants must provide or be seeking clearance certificates of PA State Police Criminal Record Check and PA Child Abuse History.
Key requirements and abilities include:
· Knowledge of visual art and art education
· Bachelor's or advanced degree in fine arts, education or a related discipline, or two years equivalent experience or training in a visual arts camp
· Strong service orientation, belief in the power of community and a personal and professional commitment to DEAI
· Advanced communication skills including writing and editing skills, computer literacy and interpersonal skills
· Experience managing teen volunteers and teaching artists
· Ability to clearly communicate to young students and their parents
· Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and CRM software preferred.
· The ability to work collaboratively and positively in teams within a fast paced environment
· Warm, engaging personality
· The ability to lift 25 lbs
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply: Please email a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references with the subject line “CAMP DIRECTOR” to Ariel Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org. Send all of the above as attachments. No phone inquiries please.
Main Line Art Center is an equal-opportunity employer committed to DEAI. Diverse candidates strongly encouraged to apply.