Educational Alliance, a 128 year old New York institution, is a vibrant, dynamic organization serving New Yorkers from all walks of life. We serve everyone regardless of the language they speak, where they come from, or their socioeconomic status. We believe that everyone should have a chance to live a better life and that arts and culture, education, health and wellness, and social services can help lay that foundation.
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Holidays, Floating Holidays and Personal Days
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Free Gym Membership to our Manny Cantor Center Gym
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Discounts to programs at Educational Alliance
- Generous Vacation Package
Counsel and aid individuals who have substance use disorders in Project Contant and off site locations, a New York State OASAS-certified outpatient treatment program—one of four programs in the newly constructed Center for Recovery and Wellness (CRW).
SCOPE OF INFLUENCE
- Provide individual case management and group counseling to adults with substance use diagnoses (and their families/significant others)
- Partner with referral sources, providing regular updates and progress on clients
- Partner with multi-disciplinary team in assessing diagnoses, planning treatment, providing individual and group counseling services, and offering clinical insight and expertise
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Clinical Services and Documentation (80%)
- Provide caseload with weekly individual case management and counseling sessions consistent with the individualized treatment plan
- Continuously assess appropriateness of current level of treatment, corresponding with LOCADTR and utilization review instruments
- Coordinate services with medical, mental health, and other social service providers ; communicate with on-site outpatient program to ensure clients on caseload are receiving and responding to clinical care in the outpatient
- Arrange and participate in multidisclipinary interventions for clients on caseload who may be struggling at current level of care and follow-up by assessing progress incrementally.
- Provide evidence-based group counseling to clients in the residential program.
- Complete detailed progress notes, comprehensive treatment plans, psychosocial assessments, discharge plans, and other required documentation in accordance with standards.
- Maintain accurate and organized clinical charts, engaging in pre-audits of charts to ensure compliance with OASAS and managed care standards.
- Send weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to HRA through the Substance Abuse Tracking and Reporting System.
- Check toxicology reporting portal daily to ensure any positive toxicology reports are communicated to supervisory staff, documented, and addressed with resident.
- Ensure that clients’ annual medical examinations and psychiatric evaluations are completed, completing referrals as needed.
- Contact any mandating agency and/or family contacts upon admission of new clients in a timely manner, and provide written/oral clinical updates as needed.
- Make collateral contacts for clients.
- Outreach to referral sources to expand network of clients.
- Supervision of CASAC-T or MSW Interns
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required, as well as individual and group supervision.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- CASAC and Bachelor’s Degree or LMSW, LMFT or LMHC
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with SUD population
- Ability to multitask and handle challenging situations in a professional and courteous manner
- Must complete 30 hour OASAS Clinical Supervision training once hired to support quality supervision of interns
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Must be organized, self-motivated, a team player, and computer literate
- Ability to work with a diverse set of clients with differing presentations
- Ability to work professionally and empathetically with a diverse group of clients and staff.
- Proficiency in delivering Evidenced Based individual and group level interventions in Spanish
Role Key Competencies
Planning and Organizing
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Educational Alliance takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Minimum Education Required