District of Columbia
LOCATION: Washington, DC
CLOSE: Until filled
CONTACT: Delia de la Vara, SVP, Development and Strategic Initiatives SALARY: Commensurate with experience
UnidosUS, previously known as NCLR (National Council of La Raza), is the nation’s largest Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization. Through its unique combination of expert research, advocacy, programs, and an Affiliate Network of nearly 300 community-based organizations across the United States and Puerto Rico, UnidosUS simultaneously challenges the social, economic, and political barriers that affect Latinos at the national and local levels. For 50 years, UnidosUS has united communities and different groups seeking common ground through collaboration, and that share a desire to make our community stronger. For more information on UnidosUS, visit unidosus.org or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
UnidosUS is seeking a full-time Administrative Coordinator to provide support to the Senior Vice President of Development and Strategic Initiatives. This is a professional support position that must handle multiple projects simultaneously and manage fast-paced schedules and project management with professionalism, maturity, poise, and confidence.
This position is nonexempt and based in Washington, DC. The Administrative Coordinator reports to the Senior Vice President; however, specific work may be assigned and supervised by other staff project leads.
Success in this role requires a high degree of professionalism, resourcefulness, high quality work product, attention to detail, as well as experience and comfort reporting to multiple supervisors.
Administrative Support to the Senior Vice President
· Manage and maintain a heavy meeting schedule for SVP by scheduling meetings across multiple time zones; coordinating and managing multiple/team calendars; coordinating conference call schedules (serving as call administrator/moderator); coordinating prep documents and agendas; preparing and disseminating notes; and completing other related duties.
· Manage and maintain a heavy travel schedule for SVP by planning and preparing logistics, including air travel, hotel, and ground transportation; researching appropriate travel meeting details; scheduling appropriate pre-travel briefing/prep and post-travel follow-up; and completing other related duties.
· Provide timely and professional clerical support, including professional and courteous management of incoming calls and requests; drafting and editing standard documents (letters, fact sheets, flyers, general web copy, meeting minutes, and reports); photocopying, faxing, shipping, etc.
- Coordinate and process routine administrative paperwork in compliance with organization policies and procedures, including timely processing of travel expense reports, requests for payment, and vendor/consultant management.
- Provide requested research for upcoming projects, initiatives and opportunities.
- Provide support to Resource Development team as possible and coordinate additional administrative support for the team as requested.
Meeting and Event Planning
- Coordinate meetings as requested. This work includes researching and securing vendors; reviewing contracts; researching, negotiating, and managing hotel blocks and meeting room set-up; managing registration/RSVPs; ensuring appropriate AV/technology services are secured for presentations; securing catering, signage, and guest transportation; scheduling meetings and other logistics; preparing agendas and materials packets; sending reminders; working with UnidosUS staff and external parties; and taking, disseminating, maintaining a record of minutes/notes.
- Ensure proper and timely payments to vendors and appropriate partners that provide services for meetings; communicate payment timelines; ensure appropriate acknowledgements and thank-you notes are prepared and sent post-event.
Procedure Maintenance and Compliance
- Maintain and organize Senior Vice President records, specifically project and vendor/consultant files, finance contracts and records, and documentation of Resource Development work and operations.
- Support the Senior Vice President with compliance on UnidosUS fiscal policies and procedures; preparing invoices and processing requests for payment, credit card statements, and travel expense reports; researching consultant/vendor contracts and ensuring timely payment; coordinating with appropriate program/office staff to ensure contract deliverables prior to vendor/consultant payment; researching collections and ensuring timely payment to/from UnidosUS, as appropriate.
- Maintain and/or update Senior Vice President contacts and networks.
- Support Senior Vice President with data entry in NXT related to funder/donor data management.
- Perform other duties as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree and five years of professional work experience, or some college and eight years as executive administrative support staff or in the clerical field.
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
· Commitment to excellence and high standards.
· Must have a strong sense of responsibility and self-motivation; must be efficient, be results-oriented, and have a positive attitude.
· Excellent customer service and relationship-building skills (internal and external) and a professional attitude in representing UnidosUS to different audiences.
· Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
· Acute attention to detail and a structured approach to managing the workload.
· Experience managing compliance and procedures related to finance, human resources, and data management, and vendor relationships/contracts.
· Strong meeting and event planning experience, including basic accounting and budget experience.
· Excellent Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and internet research skills; familiarity with Raiser’s Edge NXT a plus.
· Understanding of and commitment to UnidosUS’s mission.
· Familiarity with the U.S. Hispanic community, Hispanic nonprofit organizations, and the Hispanic market and consumer a plus.
· Promptness and reliable job attendance essential.
· Ability and willingness to work occasional and sometimes unexpected overtime, advance notice provided.
· Highly trustworthy and able to maintain confidentiality of information.
· Bilingual (Spanish/English) skills a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include “Administrative Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.
SEND COVER LETTER AND RÉSUMÉ TO:
Raúl Yzaguirre Building
Attn: Delia de la Vara
1126 16th Street, NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC 20036
No phone calls please!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or enrollment in a college, university, technical school, or adult education.