58 Berkeley Street
Ellis is a Boston-based non-profit providing inner city working families with high quality early education and care and out of school time programs for youth. The goal of all Ellis programs is to engage, educate and empower. Learn more about is at www.ellismemorial.org
The Teacher is responsible for supervision of his/her children's group as well as the design and implementation of day-to-day activity and learning plans.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Provide planning and execution of appropriate reading readiness experiences for each curriculum group.
- Provide planning and execution of appropriate art, music, literature, science, etc. activities.
- Maintain records of progress of each child's growth and development.
- Maintain communication regarding child's growth and development with staff members, Program Director and parents.
- Maintain records of all accidents, concerns regarding children, unusual behavior of children, suspected incidents of abuse and/or neglect and communicate information to Program Director.
- Ensure adequate nurturing of child's developmental tasks, including any special needs mandated by Protective Services.
- Provide individual time for each child in playing, holding and talking.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to practice effective time management, organizational skills, priority management and analytical ability.
- Sensitivity to multicultural issues, multi-cultural training preferred.
- Good role model.
- Sound personal judgment, initiative and resourcefulness.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
Competitive benefits package including generous vacation and sick time, 12 paid holidays,
health insurance, dental insurance and 401K (after one year). Ellis covers 75% of the cost of health insurance enrollment and 50% of the cost of dental insurance enrollment for all full time employees.
Level of Language Proficiency
Must have a minimum of 12 credits in Early Childhood Education. If you have an advanced degree
(i.e. Associates, Bachrlor's degree) additional compensation is offered.
At least one year's experience with appropriate age group.
DEEC certification for age-appropriate group.
Certified in First Aid and CPR for children.
Minimum Education Required