120 Wall Street
AFS-USA is part of a worldwide network of AFS partner organizations that work together to advance global education and foster meaningful connections across cultures. As the network’s largest partner, AFS-USA works to increase the global competency of U.S. citizens by providing a variety of international and intercultural learning experiences to individuals, families, schools, and communities. We are proud of our Staff of approximately 200 dedicated individuals, working from our national office in New York City as well as home offices across the county, who collaborate with our more than 4,000 AFS-USA Volunteers to deliver high quality programs and global education resources. These include: immersion based study abroad experiences in over 40 countries worldwide; opportunities to host foreign AFS exchange students; and global learning workshops and curricula for educator, schools and businesses.
The Senior Manager, Annual Giving & Development Operations works in close relationship to the Director of Development to strategically execute and manage a comprehensive annual giving program, including the coordination and oversight of supporting initiatives in the areas of development services and donor relations.
He/she works to develop a coordinated matrix of communication and solicitation strategies involving email, direct mail, phone/mail, and personal visitation, all focused on shaping a sustainable tradition of annual support and with a keen appreciation for the foundation of annual giving as the enabling component of successful major gift programs.
In addition, he/she will foster the growth of best practices in the supporting areas of gift processing, data management, and donor relations as related to annual giving and the organization as a whole. With the direct support of the Development Associates of Annual Giving and Stewardship and Research & Reporting, and other team members as-needed, the Senior Manager oversees the database and donor information systems to ensure appropriate financial records are kept, donor and prospect cultivation, solicitation, and acknowledgement happens in a timely and appropriate manner, and the database functions to support and inform all Development program areas.
This position reports to the Director of Development.
- Annual Giving
- Work closely with the Director Development and associated direct mail consultants to design a sophisticated, multi-segmented direct mail program
- Oversee all annual giving messaging, including e-communications, sent by the Development Department
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward assigned portfolio of annual donors
- Database Operations
- With the direct support of the Development Associate, Annual Giving & Stewardship, manage the entry, reconciliation, and acknowledgement process for all gifts
- Work with Finance to ensure contribution information flows between departments in a clear and timely manner
- Supervise the use of Raiser’s Edge and other department systems, supported by the Development Associate, Research & Reporting. This includes oversight of all data entry, reports, and list segmentation
- Department Operations
- Coordinate office coverage during peak seasons to ensure timely and ongoing operations
- Lead weekly and other team meetings to encourage collaboration and information sharing
- Serve as liaison between Development and other AFS-USA units, cultivating a culture of giving throughout the organization’s various constituencies.
- Adept in Raiser’s Edge management
- Ability to import/export to and from Raiser's Edge
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage several projects and timelines while maintaining a detail-oriented approach
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- At least three years prior experience in a similar position, preferably in a non-profit Development Office.
AFS-USA is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. AFS-USA prohibits all forms of unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation, including behavior which targets an individual or group based on perceived or actual characteristics, such as but not limited to: race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), national origin, age, disability, military service, veteran status, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, familial status, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, alienage, citizenship status, caregiver status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sex offense or stalking, unemployment status, status as a certified medical marijuana patient or any other legally protected classification.
Medical, Dental, HRA, FSA, Retirement Plan, Paid Holiday Days, Vacation Days, Floating Holidays, and more!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Do you want to join the AFS-USA Team?! To apply, please click on the link. Please include your cover letter and resume in the application. No phone calls please.