Headquarters: 199 Water Street
The Finance Department has an immediate opening for a Billing Analyst. This position requires very strong analytical skills coupled with advanced technological capabilities in order to analyze Accounts Receivable, cash flow, and program forecasting.
* Act as liaison with the Civil Practice regarding program finance activity
* Analyze A/R relating to contracts and grants monthly; review accuracy, identify variances and trends, and report results in a clear and concise manner
* Monitor program spending, assist in forecasting and budget preparation
* Assist in AR reduction/collections
* Prepare OCA Forecasts for JRP and Case Cap
* Review cash flow projections and maintain the cash revenue forecast
* Develop, maintain and distribute ad-hoc reports and financial models as needed
* Acquire, manage, manipulate, and analyze large amounts of data from multiple sources utilizing Excel, other Microsoft Office Suite tools, and other software as needed
* Focus on frequent and critical special projects
* Provide strong technical and analytical support to the Billing Operations team
* Create, change, and modify Financial Edge reporting
* Automate processes and reporting in order to enhance billing efficiency, as needed
* Other duties as assigned
Manhattan - Legal Aid Society Headquarters
* BS in Finance, Accounting, or a related technical field preferred
* 4-6 years of relevant work experience
* Advanced Excel skills
* Strong analytical mind
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Extremely organized and ability to respond to internal and external customer requests
* Must be able to meet deadlines
* Ability to work well in a team environment
* Sense of professionalism and confidentiality, and a strong work ethic
Only PDF documents will be accepted. If your document is not a PDF, your application will not be processed. Applications submitted without all the required materials will not be processed.
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ communities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For technical difficulties or questions regarding this posting, please email email@example.com.
Minimum Education Required